Monday, August 20, 2007

 

Gulf of Oklahoma

Amazing. These are not mere remnants of Tropical Storm Erin, seen over Oklahoma. This is the reconstituted Tropical Storm Erin. It got its second wind in north Texas and then just came kickin'
ass into Oklahoma. Truly amazing.

And sad. Six Oklahomans, at least, died. The story of the Kiowa Indian tribal chairman's wife, daughter and granddaughter is particularly gut-wrenching.

At the ER house, all that happened was some of my new ryegrass got washed out, and although I'm not sure it's related, a nest of bunnies somehow wound up within strikin' distance of Bailey, and he struck.

I took one dead baby rabbit away from him last night, and by the time I disposed of it and got back to the back yard, he had another one, so I just let him eat it. The cycle of life.

--ER

Comments:
Awww. And here I wait, praying for more than just a few drops of rain so the humidity will come back down to a tolerable level. Up here it's still hard to imagine there's been enough rain down there to be deadly!
 
It sure caught me by surprise. I knew it'd rained Saturday night. But having not seen any news before I left, I was surprised, on the way to church, to see that Western was closed north of me, and that the Chisholm and other creeks were higher than I'd ever freakin' seen 'em!
 
A tropical storm with an Eye Wall and with wall winds up to 82 mph forming over LAND? This one is not in the climate/weather models. I have heard 10 different theories from 10 weather experts already today. I guess that is why the National Severe Storm Lab is located in Norman, Oklahoma. But as I have said before. We have tornadoes in Oklahoma we don't need no frickin hurricanes too.
 
Hey, you don't think that this is God's way of telling Senator Inhoff to knock it off do you?
 
THAT'S IT!
 
This is why my new mayor was giving thanks that the Oklahoma hurricane had not moved further north. And I'm also glad, considering that I went with the mayor and the city commissioners into the inner workings of Kaw Dam this afternoon. That's not the place I want to be when mayhem and deadly destruction strikes!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?