Friday, July 20, 2007

 

Potter check and Bush redux

The new Harry Potter book will be released in 1 hour and 44 minutes.

Dr. ER went to a store earlier today to get a number to pick hers up sometime after midnight in Boulder.

Mine is coming tomorrow via UPS.

I will not be among those who disappear and drop everything to read it cover to cover. But I'll read it. I've read 'em all so far. There's no stopping now.

BTW, I'm about done writing about puppies and shit. I feel my bile coming back regarding the state of the nation in Bush's America. My neck is reddening back up, after a hiatus of not giving a hoot in hell.

So. 1, what are your Harry Potter tendencies? 2, what should I rant knowledgeably and passionately about first?

--ER

Comments:
It is currently 11:53 pm on the east coast. My husband is downtown tonight, and I'll need to go pick him up soon. I'm trying really hard not to make a side trip to Walmart to try to pick up the book, because I have a Target gift card I'd rather use towards it tomorrow. Must control myself!
 
I'll swing by Walmart in the morning. If there's a line, I'll skip it until things calm down. Do NOT tell me if Harry dies! :)

Crystal
 
My son wouldn't let me wait, so I went to B&N at 6 p.m. to get a wristband which assigns us a group to pick up after midnight.

It wasn't bad as they called group A, then B, etc. We were group E. They had all the registers open and we were out of there by 12:45.

I figure it was the last chance to be nutty about Harry, so now my son can say he was there. :)
 
I haven't been a part of mass culture campouts since either Star Wars or Rocky Horror Picture Show. I think RHPS was later. Have not read any Potter books or seen any of the movies. I think I've become "old." But if RHPS comes to my new community's historic theater, I'll be there with an umbrella.
 
Harry who?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?