Sunday, July 01, 2007

 

Dr. ER is in the house!


:-) :-) :-)

Dr. ER flew in Friday night and we went directly to the Cimarron Steak House, which has good steaks at great prices and just enough Western kitsch for me to call it a must for anyone on their ... oh, second or third visit to Oklahoma City.

I do mean that as a compliment. But there is better food in town. But no better steak for the price.

Yesterday, we ran up to Guthrie to go to some junque stores. (The whole dang original downtown is on the National Register of Historic Places. Guthrie is one of the towns born overnight during the Land Run of April 22, 1889. Think 1890s Victorian.) She bought a little table for The Hole, which is what she has christened the studio apartment she has in Boulder.

I got a couple of shirts, for $6 apiece, that are suitable for work, with the right tie, or for two-stepping, which Dr. ER, at long last, has promised me she will go do with me sometime.

It has been a serious sore spot since we got married. It's been so long even for me, though, that I do not object to her insistence that we take dance lessons first. Cool.

Last night, I broiled swordfish and boiled some shrimp for our supper.

Yes, breaking bread is so important that it deserves prominent mention. It's communion, after all. And we'd been apart awhile, which will be the routine for quite awhile. We needed to commune.

Speaking of: Dr. ER went me me to church this morning, which made my church year! :-) And it happened to be a Communion Sunday. I was out of town the last two, so was glad to partake today.

The Communion table is wide open at my church. Very cool to be there with She Who Is My Wife, since her own tradition, Roman Catholic, does not have an open table. The point being that we have rarely had opportunity to share this most basic of Christian sacraments.

Then, we went to the mall! And it's not even fricking Christmas! Minor miracle that, for me anyway. I bought three pair of fancy britches (for work), three pair of colored socks (for work) and three new ties. Then we went to Wal-Mart to stock the larder.

Now we're back. And danged if I don't have some work-work to do, so the rest of this week off I can concentrate totally on working on the house, and hanging with Dr. ER, who will be here all week.

--ER

Comments:
You and I are playing opposite this week. My wife and kids left this afternoon for a week's stay at my parents'. I can't because of work.

I do hope your blogging is thin on the ground this week, bud. Me, I'll practically live on my computer, when I'm not catching up on movies I can't watch while the kiddies are around. Like Pulp Fiction, Pleasantville, Die Hard, 12 Monkeys, Goodfellas, and we'll see what else pops up. Probably a few concert movies as well, like Black Sabbath, the Dead, and Eric Johnson.

Enjoy your week, and love your wife as best as you can. Let her love you back.
 
Yep, spend you time with the Dr.ER and leave the blog to rest.
 
Well, she's here but working. And I'm off work, but working on the house. And besides that, since I'm not traveling, it's easier to just jump online from home abnd deal with a few routine work things than arrange for someone to cover for me at work. So, I'm not offline this week. Sheesh. But, I appreciate the sentiment.
 
Isn't it great when you have so many people telling you what to do?
 
Ha. "Y'all love me! "Y'all really love me!"
 
Well now, that might be a bit of an overstatement.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?