Wednesday, June 13, 2007

 

Let Junior be Junior

After sleepin' on it, I'm willin' to give Dale Earnhardt Jr. the benefit of the doubt on his Big Move.

Even though it'll mean no more Bud, no more No. 8 and no more team rivalry with Hendrick Motor Sports.

Even though the very idea of Junior bein' on a team with Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson made Dr. ER and Bird so mad they saw red last night -- and still do. I'm still gagging, myself, but it's Junior's call.

I'm reminded of an exchange from "Tombstone."

Doc Holliday: And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?

Kate: You don't even know him.

Doc Holliday: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of ... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

ER, thinkin' of Jeff Gordon: "I don't know, reminds me of Junior. I'm sure of it, I hate him."

I didn't like Gordon and Johnson before. Now I really hate 'em. (Not in the eternal, damn-their-souls-to hell sense.)

Let Junior be Junior. Before long he'll put Jeffy and Jimmie in their place -- on their own team.

--ER

Comments:
I rather enjoy watching Shrub get shafted.

Upon reflection, I detested Gordo all these years cause my Mamaw did. She felt that way cause Gordo beat Mark and stole some championships. I disliked Gordo for winning at Michigan on the Sunday after Mark's daddy was killed in a private plane crash. Mark led the way until the final few laps. He crawled from his car, went to the hauler and sobbed for a few minutes, then came out to greet reporters. I'll never forget that.

I disliked Jimmie-me cause he won so early and so often. The year of the Hendrick plane crash was just too much of a sap story.

Gradually, I've come to realize I have no rational reason for disliking either of them.

When it comes to them damn Busch boys, though...

Well, that's another story. I have plenty a reason for disliking them snobby, arrogant, chickens who know how to run their mouths and act like the Paris Hiltons of racing.

I also happen to not like the looks in their beady little eyes.
 
Don't know why fans of the 8 car are so riled. Even if Junior can live up to his potential, finishing third in the points will be an improvement. And if he continues to disappoint, they can throw more stuff at Gordo.
 
Ha. Yer right, Anon.
 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
what else
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?