Thursday, June 07, 2007

 

How summer-is-comin' American is this?!? Free rootbeer floats from 8 p.m. to midnight (Central) tonight at Sonic Drive-Ins!


I am so going to the Sonic after supper. (Wikipedia on Sonic here.)

Dr. ER LOL's at me for this kind of thing.

But back when I was a cub reporter and poor as dirt -- but I repeat myself -- a new furniture store in town was givin' away free lamps! Just lil ol' desktop, or nightstand, lamps.

I stood in a long, winding line for THREE HOURS with a bunch of other folks to get a FREE lamp -- and had the best time with all of 'em. I still have the lamp, and as I told Dr. ER on the phone just now, it WILL be makin' the move to Colorado.

I can't imagine it not.

I expect there to be a traffic jam around my neighborhood Sonic.

If you're a Sonic-goer, what's your favorite treat?

Mine's Pickle-O's (breaded deep-fried dill pickle slices), where available, the onion rings, any flavor of slush, and limeades. Well, the burgers and coneys, too, but duh.

Oh, and the breakfast burritos, toaster sandwiches and tots. And the malts, definitely the malts. And cheesy fries. And the coney. Did I say coneys?

Oh, and vanilla Cokes. And cherry Sprites. Dr. ER sometimes just MUST HAVE a Sonic DP 'cause they have that used-to-be-everywhere, now hard-to-find rabbit turd ice!

I *lived* on the BLT's on Texas toast, used to. Oh and two or three of the junior burgers are just right sometimes. The double cheeseburger with jalapenos once in a gre-e-aa-t while. ...

Oh, hell's bells, I don't own stock in the company or anything: The Sonic just rocks. And, as far as such goes, they seem to be a "good corporate citizen."

Ya got 3 hours and 7 minutes from right now to getcher free rootbeer float. :-)

-ER

Comments:
I once did a story about a big fancy house in a big fancy part of the suburb you live in where the owners had TWO ice makers. One regular, one Sonic. Yes indeedy, and every evening they would open up to their neighbors who came by requesting that mighty-fine rabbit poo ice. Best there is!
 
That is a HOOT.

Dr. ER has me go buy a bag of it once in awhile. Did you know they'll sell it a bag at a time, like at the cornvenience stores? :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?