Sunday, May 20, 2007

 

My culinary color wheel has a flat

Is there a shortage of greens or what?

There are no canned or frozen greens at the local Albertson's, or one in Oklahoma City where I also checked.

I need some greens!

Collard greens!

Turnip greens!

Mustard greens!

Even mixed greens!

Spinach, blech!

I am jonesin'.

A little bacon grease, or bacon itself crumbled on top, some butter and some (not sweet) cornbread, and I'm set. Fried taters. Brown beans. Sigh.

Assumin' y'all have access to the delicacies, tel me how you like yours.

--ER

Comments:
I think the shortage may be related to the spinach food poisoning episode a while back. I have to say spinach is probably the only "green" I really like -- not into mustard, collard, turnip greens. I've been dreaming of a wilted salad dressed with crumbled bacon, bacon grease, sugar and vinegar.
 
Well, shopping at the nieghborhood WalMart Grocery Store tonight I looked in the fresh vegies section and they had plenty of all of those above. All of the collard, mustard, turnip, mixed, spinach, and others even that a man could want. I think I've seen one of them there WalMart Grocers somewhere nearby you, and they are open 24 hrs a day.
 
Mmmm...brown beans. Seems like I have a real good recipe for that around here somewhere...

Crystal
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?