Saturday, April 21, 2007

 

'What if God Smoked Cannabis?'



:::UPDATED:::

Here's one of the videos.



I love it! (audio)

There are a couple of videos to go with this out there, but I couldn't get them to post. (Drlobojo: Yoda has a cameo in one of the vids!)

But: What if God smoked cannabis?

(... does he like Pearl Jam or the Stones? ...)

Obviously, if I thought this was sacrilegious, I wouldn't've posted it, although I know some people will think it mocking -- and it is! It mocks stupid laws and cultural mores that people pass off as "good" or "evil."

The day it's legal is the day I stand on the courthouse steps and fire one up for freedom. It's ludicrous that alcohol is legal in this country and pot isn't -- and what a potential source of tax revenue!

What about it? Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit who resides within. We abuse it with red meat, too much food of any kind, alcohol, driving fast in heavy traffic, job stress, family angst and everything else.

Is there room for an occasional personal burnt offering in the Temple?

Lord, for the cannabis sativa we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful. Bless it to nourish our spirit and creativity, ease our muscles and cure our headaches.
Amen.

Discuss!

(Tip o' the cowboy hat to Jersey Cynic, who mentioned the song and video on this thread at Blondesense.)
--ER

Comments:
The ONLY thing that prevents me from firing up a fatty is the knowledge that, as a clergy spouse, getting caught with the evil devil-weed will look bad for the Missus. I have no beef with grass, and have enjoyed its soothing effects on more than one occasion. Compared to alcohol, nicotine/tar, the fumes we inhale daily from our dino-powered mobiles, the fumes we inhale daily from the toxins we use to clean our houses, furniture, and fixtures, it seems to me a drug that allows one to relax, and even giggle uncontrollably, and has never once been linked to any serious long-term side effects (including the dreaded but now long-falsified "gateway drug" syndrome) is something to welcome.
As a child, I was the one who always got caught when doing things all the other kids were doing, so even though I am well aware of the massive prevalence of ganja pretty much everywhere, and could obtain it with little effort, I resist only because I know these trends tend to continue in life. I have no desire, at 41, to have a drug bust on an otherwise spotless criminal record (OK, there are a couple traffic tickets there . . .)
God made the weed, and the chemical inside the weed. It seems to me sacreligious not to enjoy the fruits of God' good creation.
 
Love live cannabis! It's such a shame it's not legal; and frankly, there's no reason for it not to be.

ER, you can be my doobie brother if you want.
 
Now here's a theory -- there may be holes in it, but here goes.

Maybe this is why churches have so many potluck dinners?
 
I always eat the brownies at church.

Yoda on the effects of pot:

Fear leads to anger,
Anger leads to stress,
Stress leads to doobies,
Doobies lead to twinkies.
 
A wise being, Yoda is.
 
any rastafarians out there care to weigh in?

KEvron
 
Whoa.

"For many Rastas, smoking cannabis (known as ganja, marijuana, herb, kali, or lamb's bread) is a spiritual act, often accompanied by Bible study ..."

I did some of my most intense Bible reading, back in the day, in just such a situation.
 
Thanks to Drlobojo for grabbin' the Yoda pic.
 
What's to discuss?

I tell ya, E.R., I like this weblog more and more.

"To Freedom."
 
I would never even think about smoking weed, it is ILLEGAL and and EVIL BAd thing and people who use it are fools............
I think anyone who would ever use this drug should be severely punished.......

*cough cough*

teehee

Ronholio
 
Uh-huh.

But idn't that a great "cover"??
 
In all seriousness, I could never espouse cannibanoid use prior to the advised age of consent for ethanol use.

HOWEVER of the two, THC seems to be the least deadly chemical.
(Not a lot of weed-overdose-deaths)

Stupid is Stupid,
whether your particular form of stupid is enhanced or allegedly brought on by the ingestion of either booze or grass ......
Stupid is Still... well, you know.....

My particular type of stupid has included genuinely offering a headbutt to a friend (in my younger day) while high on Colorado COol Aide!!
(never spit anything in a minorities ear .... bad stuff will happen to you!)

I've forgotten a lot of things....
and I've forgotten why........

either way it's fun to watch from at least 6 feet away.

Ronholio
 
I regained my faith, in part thanks to Cannabis, because being stoned enabled me to understand that God is not separate from creation and that God is everywhere and in everything and that goodness can come when human beings connect and believe in that potential goodness.

Today I'm a church going open-minded hippie Christian, thanks to God's gift of the good herb.
 
Amen, Anon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?