Wednesday, April 18, 2007

 

Things that are out of control in ER's life

First, Mister Big Sister, my brother-in-law, has heart surgery on Monday. Triple bypass, in Dallas. Sigh.

Out of control:

My yard. I swear it looks like a pasture. I put down broadleaf herbicide, and it rained. And it almost hasn't stopped since. The only time it's dry is when I'm out of town. The HOA police are gonna come get me.

My flower beds. They look like weedy roadside ditches.

My house. It's just a goldarn warehouse now, especially since Monday when I retrieved a chaise lounge from Dr. ER's former office and there was nowhere to put it but between the futon and the No. 29 Nextel Cup Kevin Harvick right-rear Goodyear tire from Daytona.

My lil family. Dr. ER is back in Colorado. Bird and YankeeBeau are back at college. I'm all by my lonesome again.

My home office. I have to jump from the hallway to the chair behind my desk to get to the computer.

My garage. There is not a single flat surface where I can unbox and ready the new lawnmower we bought the other day.

My ----. I have a minor recurring over-the-counter-type health problem that is making life a challenge right now. "Boboitis." Damn desk jobs.

It's nothing that one good, DRY weekend could fix! Except for the Dr. ER and Mister Big Sister stuff.

--ER

Comments:
A must read: Clutter, The art of cleaning. Can't remember the author, and can't find the book right now. I probably threw it away because that's what the book said to do with stuff you haven't used in a year.
 
Well, dang. A friend just mentioned the "lamentations" in this post. I actually meant it to be more of a list of what I have to get done, but it does come across as whining. So soddy.
 
To mister big sister, You have all
my thoughts and prayers. I wish I
could come sit with you. please
let me know how it goes.

Good luck ER with all the clutter.
I am working on mine.
I have got to get buzy. :-)

Jeannie Diane
 
A big "me too" over some of the out-of-control stuff. I just went out to get the mail and discovered a city notice taped to my door saying my lawn violates the high-grass and weeds ordinance. I wonder if the neighbor with the mud yard was cited? Oh well. They give me 10 days to correct the problem. Maybe it will stop raining sometime in that period.
 
Isn't a chase lounge and oxymoron?
Yep, Trixie one of my nieghbors turn me in last year to the OKC yard cops. You remember that the grass was still growing up till Xmas.
 
I understand your frustration - "just one more thing" can fit on top of that stack that once was just a corner of the garage, right? I swear if it were not for my wife and here occasional "This is a disaster and we will do something about it" rants, we would live like the crazy old guy - stacks of paper everywhere, cats wandering all over, etc. - and she reminds me of that fact (that and the state of the refrigerator I owned when she met me, a refrigerator I threw away without opening the door) at least weekly.
Take care, ER.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?