Wednesday, March 21, 2007

 

Name droppin'

The other evening, I had a Coors at the Buffalo Rose, a tavern in downtown Golden, Colo.

This morning I had a Denver omelet (of sorts) at the Denver airport.

And last night, I met Famous Historian, who signed my copy of the book that put Famous Historian on the national stage. A very thoughtful inscription. Very, very cool.

Living large on the Front Range, I was. :-) Back in the saddle back home now.

And the turbulence this mornin' while landing (it feels stormy in Central Oklahoma at the moment, 3:45 p.m. Wednesday) didn't even freak me out!

--ER

Comments:
I am happy to be able to scroll your site for the first time in a LOONG time!

Good luck finding affordable housing in Denver. You'd have better luck in the smaller towns around. I was surprised to find that every city I'd heard of in Colorado is a Denver suburb, except Vale and Aspen.

My best advice... don't drink unless you are with people who care for you and you don't have to travel. At that elevation, one drink is like three til you get used to it. Don't ask me how I know.

I know at least a dozen Denver-area bloggers. I could send a list if you like.
 
Hey, Miss C! :-)

Rather than me bothering complete strangers, you could let 'em know I'm facing a move to Denver, and tell 'em any advice they wanted to come by and give -- where NOT to look, mainly, for cost on one end and crime on the other -- would be greatly appreciated. :-)

And I wish I knew how to make this blog more get-to-able for you!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?