Monday, March 19, 2007

 

Barry and bangers and odds and ends

BARRY: Oh, Barry Switzer was on the plane. Of course, I was wearing an Oklahoma State ballcap.

An older woman asked me as we were deplaning: "Excuse me, young man, did you tip your hat to Barry Switzer?" I said: "Yes ma'am, I sure did. He's bigger than OU." And he is.

BANGERS: Hey, Liam! This fancy-ass hotel has Britis bangers on the menu. Havin' never met a meat I didn't like, I'm trying them here in a bit for breakfast. I am aware that bangers have more filler than the sausages I'm used to. We;ll see.

ODD: We are thinking about going to supper tonight at The Fort, in Morrison, west of Denver. The Fort history here. The place is a replica of Bent's Fort, which Dr. ER and I explored a few years ago. Specifically for me to try the roast bison marrow bones ("a crown of bones simply roasted and served with a port-bison reduction, Hawaiian red salt and sourdough crostinis), which comes highly recommended by Drlobojo.

END: The bangers are here, along with an omelet with avocado, dried tomato, cheddar bacon, and the coffee, thank God for the coffee. Didn't sleep worth a damn last night: Wrong bed, wrong altitude, wrong, etc.

--ER

Comments:
The last time someone offered me "bangers" in a hotel, I was in Okinawa.

The Prairie Butter is a side dish, so do order a good venison or elk roast or maybe buffalo tongue as an entree.

And so long as I am playing tour guide make sure you hit the Colorado Museum of History in Denver, time permitting. I wish our new history museum had stolen some of their display tricks.
 
Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes, a Historian has to sample their Boudies:

2 cups raw or roasted sunflower seed hearts
6 pounds buffalo meat (round, brisket or plate) ground through the chili plate of the grindetwice;
½ pound ground buffalo fat (the fat around the kidneys is the purest)
2 cups uncooked rolled oats (any like type grass seed will do)
4 onions, finely minced
3 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons medium red chile caribe (coarsely ground chile)
2 cups crushed hard tack
2 tablespoons ground sage
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
3 tablespoons whole cumin seed
18 feet large gut of the buffalo, cleaned out and blanced


My mouth she waters at the very thought of boudies and prairie butter on skillet biscuits, with a cup of hard Arbuckles coffee hot and steaming beside it.
 
All I know of Boulder I gleaned from reading The Stand by Stephen King :)
Enjoy your bangers and mash; maybe they have steak and kidney pie on the dinner menu!
Oxygen tanks should be issued to every visitor to Colorado.
Have a great time; breathe deeply.
 
The Stand is probably my all time faorite work of fiction (the full unabridged un-editorially raped version) oh and Barry Switzer Sucks!

Ronholio
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?