Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

Two hundred ninety four

Pounds, that is. Me. Yikes.

At 6 feet, 4 inches, I carry it pretty well -- but enough. That's it. No mas.

Back on the treadmill. Back on the salad train. Back to ... being more thoughtful about what I eat.

AFTER I get well.

Friday night, in Iowa, I started coming down with the crud. I drove back to OKC area in a forced march Saturday, gettin' sicker all the while. Monday, I *had* to go in to work to get some *must* things done.

Then, off yesterday. Went to the doctor -- were I was floored to see the scale tip 294! -- for one ear irrigation, some antibiotics (and a trial bottle of help-you-lose-weight pills, just to get a jumpstart, after I'm well.)

The other ear would not cooperate, so he gave me some kind of acid ear drops to use nightly -- moderately disconcerting -- and told me to come back Friday for another run at what feels like a firehose rammed into my left ear -- I swear, I thought my left eyeball was gonna pop out of my head.

Now, today: Off again. Still feel like crap. Dozed the morning away in front of Turner Classic Movies. "On an Island with You," 1948, with Esther Williams (rowr) and Jimmy Durante, et al. Good old flick. "Ivanhoe" is on in there now.

Must eat something. Must crawl back to recliner. Must rest. Must get fricking well.

(Doc: "So, have you ever taken diet pills before?" ER: "Yeah, but not for dieting." Doc: Laughs. "At least you're honest." ER: "What?")

--ER

Comments:
If I was you I'd shoot for 300 so seeing THREE ZERO ZERO would start your diet off on the with a bang.
 
Nope. All stop.

At 294, I weigh 99 pounds more than I did as a high school senior, 24 years ago. See, it's at the *edge* of crisis. :-)
 
Hope you feel better soon, ER, and that the weight loss goes well. Won't be fun, I know, but it's definitely worth it.

It took me 18 months to loose 20-25 lbs (am not certain since I generally refuse to stand on a scale), primarily by cutting back on the amount of food I was eating. No skipping meals--just smaller portions. But the most important thing is that I feel so much better than I had in years. Definitely worth the occasional grumbly tummy.
 
Part of me wants to agree with anon, having one big weekend worth 6 pounds. But having been near that mark myself, saying I never got over it was motivation enough.

Good luck, ER. You'll do fine.
 
Diet Tip: Michelob Ultra Amber is a great beer, at least for a light beer that's easy on the carbs and calories.

--Chandler
 
Alas, there is no George Dickel Lite!
 
You should lose about 60 pounds.

Start a walking routine.

Cut down on the beef, mix in lots of greens and fruits and DO NOT eat between meals.

How's your cholestoral? Your blood pressure?

Walk every day.

Every day.

(I was down to 235 at one time -- having come down from 285 -- and now am in the 260 range. OK, 265. But I am getting serious again. Trying to. I'm also 6'4".)

Mix prayer into your health routine, make it a mental-physical-spiritual approach.

And if you really are serious about dropping the weight, stop drinking beer.

And lay off the fried foods. That's a tough one for me. I love me some fried chicken.

If you must snack, eat a radish.
 
Step 1: Lunch, half a Subway sammich, oil and vinegar, baked (gag) Lays, water. Abnd an apple for a snack this afternoon.
 
Crap. I've already backslid! Ate the whole Subway sammich! (Excuse: I am still sick!)
 
During the Clinton administration the average America gained 1.15 lbs per year. Under Bush it has been closer to 1.5 lbs. For each pound of wieght gain for the average American we use an annual total of 39 million more barrels of oil in transportation consumption. Given that concept, I am excited that you have held your own in the field of American consumption of resources.
To put it in a sound bite format:
"Eat a big-mac and support terrorism!"
 
I can blame bush for my weight gain! LOLOLOL
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?