Saturday, October 21, 2006

 

A long and winding road

Worn out. Drove from Iowa City to home just north of OKC today. Left at 9 a.m.

Started out by a slightly out-of-the-way route, to see the house that appears in Grant Wood's "American Gotchic," in Eldon, Iowa.

Tonight on the radio, heard my Oklahoma State Cowboys grab defeat from the clutches of victory in OT against Texas A&M.

Cheering for the Cowboys is like voting Democratic for Congress and president in Oklahoma these days: It gets your hopes up -- for nada.

Ice-T is actually glad to see us! All purry and everything. He let Dr. ER hold him and actually kneeded her. Wow. Even a street-tough cat like Ice-T gets lonesome, I reckon.

--ER

Comments:
Well, if you left me home with two (gasp) DOGS, I'd be happy to see you, too! ;)

>^..^<
 
Glad ya'll are back. Safe and sound.
 
Thank you kindly, GP.

Ice-T kept following Dr. ER and I around, and walking right up to us and looking up and going "ehh-t-t-t," "ehh-t-t-t." Critter still doesn't know how to meow properly.

He had lots of things to say to us. Chief among them, I'll bet was: "Poopy box full! Poopy box full!"
 
Wow! I know that kitty!

We had a critter feeder who came by, but we flet like askin' her to depoop ws too much.
 
Other than just making sure the cats were still alive, depooping is always the major part of the job whenever I've kitty sat for vacationing friends. Ya *really* don't want cats to decide that there's somewhere else they'd rather potty, after all.

Glad y'all made it home safe after that long drive.
 
Man, that's one of the most accurate descriptions of rooting for our OSU that I've ever heard.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?