Saturday, September 02, 2006

 

Crappity crap crap crap!

Great word, "crap." Onomatopoetic in certain instances.

Ice-T is a crap machine! I suppose all cats are. Bein' as how Ice-T is the first cat ever to live under any roof of mine, I continue to be impressed with the offerings he leaves in his little house. (It's a house, too, with walls and a roof and a door.)

So, awhile ago, I was leanin' over it, scoopin' away, thinking: How low have I fallen?

As a little sprout, I used a shovel longer than I was tall to shovel cow manure from the concrete floor of a former milk parlor-turned-feedin' room, into a wheelbarrow that seemed as big as a car, and wheeled it to spread on the vegetable rows. There's honor in that duty.

This mornin' I just slung cat crap out of a box into a trashcan and walked it out to the Dumpster. There is no honor in that dooty!

Off to see Mama ER and Bro ER. It's rib day at Charlie's Chicken. Hot diggity.

Y'all have a good 'un.

--ER

Comments:
And just what is it you do with the doggy doo?? Hunt it down all over the lawn, step in it, scrape it off your shoe and the grass, sling it and dump it. Hmm, which sounds easier?

At least cats have the good sense to keep theirs in one place and bury it--and they're self-cleaning. ;)
 
ongratulations on being nominated for the Okie Awards! What I don't understand is how you can be in the running for Best Overall Blog without being nominated in the smaller categories. Wish I could vote. Best of luck!
 
Hey, ER for a small "consideration" I'll get Fatman to have the Bear vote for you.

What did you do with the dog poop, in that a lttle cat poop gets to you?
 
Your post have excavated memories.
ER relates: "As a little sprout, I used a shovel longer than I was tall to shovel cow manure...into a wheelbarrow...and wheeled it to spread on the vegetable rows."

When a lightning strike killed our last milk cow, "Bossie",I was about 8 years old. I remember crying about it. Then I had a revelation, my sisters (who did the milking) would not be growling at me to shovel the shit out of Bossie's stall every day or two. For that, I thanked Jesus. It was my very first encounter with "paradox", where grief and joy were blended like a dairy queen milkshake.
 
I'm sorry, but this is just a shitty subject.

What a load of crap.

Boy, I'm wiped.

I'm feeling flushed.

ER, this just stinks.

:-)
 
Congratulations, E.R., on your nomination for Best Overall Blog! Our friend Tech at 51313 Harbor Street was also nominated for Best Writing Blog.

Woot for two fine bloggers!
 
Heeeeeey, p[retty cool on the Okie Awards! I'm humbled -- or "umbled," as Mama Et says (why is that?)

On doogy poop: No kids play in our yard. I watch where I step until I mow the poop as it appears.
 
Clewarly, I forgot how to type over the long weelkend. ...
 
Oh like you could type before. You're not fooling anyone. HAHAHAHA
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?