Friday, August 18, 2006

 

'I was in prison ...'

Good friend of mine is on the third day of a five-day mission to Christians, and others, in prison in Texas. I don't know many of the details, but y'all feel free to join me in prayin' for him and them.

It don't get no more Jesusy than that.

Matthew 25: 34-40:

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' "



Amen.

--ER

Comments:
Is he taking part in a Kairos ministry weekend? It's a profound outreach.
 
"Matthew 25: 34-40"

i've noticed that many christian righties have a hard time reconciling this passage with their personal views on crime and punishment.

that jesus! what a jerk!

KEvron
 
Tricie, maybe. It involves lot of cookies.

Kevron! Back early from Fresno this week? And what? They don't have 'puters there? Good to see ya.
 
I have done prison ministry. It
was pretty eye opening. But it
was well worth the effort.

Of course when they start slammin
those iron doors behind you it is
pretty scary. We got locked down.

We were behind about 5 doors to the
outside. In a small chapel. We did
not get started in time. So we had
to stay while they did a head count.
No one moves until the count is
done.
I have not been in a while.
 
As you know, Jeannie Diane, the front lobby of a certain small-town city hall-jail is as close as ER has ever been to prison his self. And that was close enough!
 
Yep, if it involves the cookies, it is probably Kairos. There are three (and only three) specific recipes that can be used for the cookies. They are very strict about that so the inmates don't fight over who gets what treat. Seriously.
 
I went down to LBJ (Long Binh Jail : Vietnam ) once to de-brief one our guys before he was shipped off to a special section in Levenworth. Took the task because that way I could stop by the Chineses restraunt down there for some fine chow. Turns out he was just a dumb scared kid that said the wrong stupid thing to the wrong person at the wrong time. Didn't take much to see myself in his place. After I got through, I skipped the chinese food and went to the bar for several hours before I hopped a chopper back North. Reckon that counts as, "I was in prison and you came to visit me." in the Almighty's record book? Naw, probably not.
 
This just popped up on my June 22 post about the apocalypse. looks real. Only an English pidgeon can speak such perfect pidgeon English. Kinda sweet, too.
x x x

Dear public!
The end of the time can be whenever, in this moment or next moment and you will must to give a raport to Christ about your live. If your raport will be wrong, our soul will go to hades!
Therefore, you need to do thinks according to holly book! If you do not respect the Christ learnings, you can do any thinks having care to guard against human low (you can be a good criminal, a good raper etc. and to satisfy any will)!

--
Posted by Anonymous to Erudite Redneck, B.S., B.S., M.A. at 8/19/2006 01:45:09 AM
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?