Monday, August 14, 2006

 

ER Still Life: Office(not-so)Max

Long-time bloggy buddy Frenzied Feline -- one of my oldest bloggy buddies -- suggested I put up an ER Still Life of my "clean" home office, since I reported dedicating all of Monday afternoon to "cleaning" it. Well, it depends on what your definition of "clean" is, but I made headway! Here's my desk.



Here is a view of one wall in my office. Note the space on some of the shelves. That's new. I hoed out hundreds of books today. If it wasn't about some aspect of nineteenth-century American history, or economic theory, or theology-religion, or political theory, out it went.




You can sort of tell there is a floor. And if you look hard you can see the couch. One of the boxes is headed for the garage. One stays. Two hold books I've yet to read.






This is in the hall outside my office. The books to the left are books I plan to read. The books to the right are books destined for the garage.






More books headed for the garage.





A rare, rare sight. These are grocery sack of books waiting at the front door to be taken somewhere, probably to the local college library for its annual book sale. This is a first: I am getting ride of books. Dr. ER is happy. :-) Work remains.

--ER

Comments:
Woot!!

Looks like I'll be pinned down at my house for a bit, so maybe I can make some similar progress.

See my blog for reports of storm damage from tonight.
 
Have you ever been tested for Adult Attention Deficit Disorder?
 
Who you callin' "old," ya' whippersnapper!

Congrats on making a dent! My craft room has a similar look, especially since we did some garage cleaning on Saturday.

It'll be neat to see the progress. You are going to post pics of the progress, aren't you?? ;)
 
FF. believe me, compared to the pre- this is the -post. I went in there once (shudder). There were three places to step and one place to sit.
What you see is a miracle of progress.
Given away books are you?????
I can have a "special envoy" of your local public library come by your house and pick them up for you. For real, dude.
 
I'm on a roll! Five grocery sacks of books to donate!

I have never gotten rid of a book I've read -- except for a statistics textbook I torched in a small ceremony involving fire and beer and its byproduct years ago when I finally passed that class.

What I'm culling mostly, though, is books I thought I'd want to read. Reality check: Can't read everything I want to read, so I'm using a spot triage kind of system as I go.
 
Yep, ya' gotta be ruthless, sometimes. Do it quickly, it'll hurt less--like pulling off a band-aid. ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?