Saturday, July 22, 2006

 

,

Discuss.

--ER

Comments:
I much prefer;
 
Very clever, Nick! But, for the record, the staff and management of the ER Roadhouse do not think you are a hole of any kind.

"," is about all I can muster today, for some reason. Too much "!!!" the past few days, maybe.

Trixie, I must admit that I don't much care for ";" -- makes me nervous.
 
A much maligned punctuation mark, but not in as badly used as its cousin, the '.

ER, I hear ya about the "!!!" of the last few days. Here's hoping our days become a little more ...!
 
Well, I've had more time to fume, so...

W#$@##*(T)W()*#_$)(*#( *)@ #*$#@)(*

(__|__) *<(;

DANG PLAGIARISTS!!! Robin Hoods in reverse, stealing from the poor to put more money in the pockets of the Q@#4@#($@)#()#*$()*$@ RICH!
 
That looks like a liberal pinko comma to me. Just what I'd expect to find on this site.
 
All I can say is ?????
 
Trixie, do what?

GP, I'll have you know that is a perfectly nonpartisan, nondenominational comma!

(Or is it secretly the UCC comma? God is still speaking,) Hee hee.
 
Never mind. 'Nother time perhaps.
 
Hope all gets better, Trix.

As for this post ... I've gotta say it's often misused and moreoften overused ... so I'm not quite sure why there's a topic on this particular subject.

It's like ... doing an entire post on words that are often misused and overused ... held, for example.

The group held a meeting ... no, they HAD a meeting, and members of the group held their coffee during the meeting ... funeral services were held Friday ... no, they took place Friday.

So ... why the comma, ER? Couldn't you do something on the significance of the dash ... or better yet, the elipse.

:-)

Bet you didn't see that'n comin'.
 
"for life is not a paragraph {and death is no parenthesis)"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?