Friday, June 23, 2006

 

ER summer reruns!

Dr. ER and I are G.T.T. tonight through Sunday to visit her folks.

The peach crop around Charlie, Texas, -- map -- got hailed out, I hear, so the pickings there will be mighty slim. Sad news, indeed. I was lookin' forward to fixin' up a famous ER Peach Cobbler.

An old Western store in Wichita Falls, Texas -- map -- The Cow Lot, is closing later this summer. I'll go by and shake the hand and pat the back of the ol' fella who's run it for probably 50-something years. Might pick up something while I'm there. I need some boot socks.

And I'll make a run to Archer City, Texas -- map -- to Larry McMurtry's bookstores, in his hometown. Which brings up the reruns. Last time I was there, I met the man.

The reruns:

McMurtry: Page 1.

McMurtry: Page 2.

McMurtry: Page 3.

See y'all later.

--ER

Comments:
reruns!? what a gyp!

speaking of bookstores....

KEvron
 
Kev, I saw a wire story on that in a paper here! Must be a landmark.
 
There were enough peaches to buy some! Got a basket, and some 'maters and patty-pan squish and some yellow squish.

And I managed to spend only $25 for two books!

And I just ate at one of my favorite steakhouses, and I am fixing to go to one of the few drive-ins left in the world, apparently, where you can order beer and they will bring it to your car in a frosty mug, and you can sit there and drink it.

Dude. And I willingly moved away from here. WHAT was I thinkin'? Dang need for gainful employment anyway!
 
ER says:
"Dude. And I willingly moved away from here. WHAT was I thinkin'?"
Poverty.
5 inch long Grasshoppers that eat the paint off your car.
112 degrees 70 percent humidity and not as breeze for days.
Tornadoes a half mile wide (whoops they followed you).
Sand blown between the sheets of your bed even when made up.
Ranchers that will shoot at you ifin you even stop on a public road to look at their cattle.
Dead coyotes hung up by the dozen on a fence to rot by proud hunters.
F-16s from Sheppard manned by National Gaurd pilots making practice straffing runs (no bullets) on you and your tractor while your plowing your fields.
That might be a few.
You can always sit in your truck on your driveway once a week and get Dr, Er or Bird or someone to bring you a cold beer in a mug if that's what you miss. But take care in Oklahoma that's a DWI.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?