Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 

'Even with Americans as jurors'

Zacarias Moussaoui will get no new trial. But we should broadcast, satellite, e-mail, text-message, IM and otherwise communicate his pleading words to the Muslim world:

"Because I now see that it is possible that I can receive a fair trial," the Affidavit states, "even with Americans as jurors ..."

This, despite the hotheads who wanted to see him hanged from the nearest tree -- like we *needed* to create a martyr.

Read the affidavit (pdf).

--ER

Comments:
Let them have their martyr, I says.
 
Nah. Due process of law is what he was due and personally I am more than happy with the verdict.

1) It doesn't give him the martyrdom of a death penalty, also depriving the fundamentalist recruiters of a potentially iconic victim of Western Agression Against Muslims.

2) If anything it makes him an anti-martyr; The chosen instrument of Allah's will who, despite the promises of his radicalisers (sp?), is not in heaven enjoying the willing virgins, etc., but rather is living out what looks like being a very tedious and unfulfilling life.
 
Zactly, Liam.

Myself, I'm proud of the way my fellow Americans handled this terrible task.
 
At best, I think, this must confuse the hell out many muslem radical fundamentlist. Conversely, it has made many American Muslems proud of their America, and that may have more ripple effects than we could ever hope for.
 
What happened to his claim to *want* to be maryred? I didn't, but now I do ... think he's nuts. Ironic, isn't it.


J
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?