Saturday, April 01, 2006

 

Ice-T Returns; ER Leaves Home

Guest blogging by Dr. ER at ER's request (and let me get all whining out up front -- I can scarcely remember how to type; haven't looked at e-mail in 3 weeks or so and write today through the glorious fog of pain drugs, have developed a fine case of agoraphobia, and am basically satisfied to be a broken chick 'cause the thought of my workplace makes me bring up my breakfast). There.

ER brought Ice-T home and, within 20 minutes, abandoned the poor kitty to my care to go watch OSU play baseball. Probably for the best; ER doesn't do baby talk well and doesn't have a motherly gene in his body. Though the kitty loves his "daddy" the most and apparently didn't settle down for the vet this morning until ER got there.

I guess the only thing that puzzles me is that they don't send the kitties home with something akin to the Lortabs I'm taking for my broken hip -- shoot, it seems like they'd give them some kind of pain pill, but they don't. So yeah, T is hurting and he makes these very sad moans when he walks. I just wish I had some kitty Tylenol or something.

But not long after ER left, Ice-T did manage to jump onto the bed and go to sleep on ER's confederate flag blanket; he really just wants to be alone, truth be told.

And drlobo, no Egyptian gods visited me in the night because, taking advantage of T's absence, Riker, the septuagenarian attack corgi, slept with me and staved off any lip I might get from the supernatural side.

So we're a fairly pitiful couple, T and me. We're trying to out-whine each other but I do take my animal stewardship role seriously and am loving on him...hmm, a whining wife with a broken hip and a crying kitty with shaved feet, in pain, with underlying attitude. No wonder ER went to watch baseball.

And tell me this -- I asked ER this question this morning and I didn't get a satisfactory answer...why don't they play baseball in the rain? I don't mean thunderstorms, I mean just plain ol' rain. In NASCAR, it makes sense that they don't drive in the rain, but baseball? It's like Jerry Seinfeld says in his opening bit for "The Hamptons" episode (the episode with the ugly baby and the coining of the term "shrinkage.") -- though we humans love water, are made mostly of water, live on a planet largely made of water, we're scared, it seems, by small, flying water. And baseball is scareder than most.

T. and Dr. E...Over and out.

Comments:
Dr Er asked: "And tell me this -- I asked ER this question this morning and I didn't get a satisfactory answer...why don't they play baseball in the rain? I don't mean thunderstorms, I mean just plain ol' rain."

1. mud (base lines can't be astro- turfed)
2. slippery bats
3. illegal grip on the ball by the pitcher
4. ever try to catch a fly ball with it raining in you eyes.
5. hot dogs would get wet

Just wait, the Goddess will visit, oh yes, she will visit.
 
Hi Dr. ER,

Hope you and Ice-T have some nice quiet mending time while ER is gone.

To what drlobojo says above, I'll add the havock a large amount of wet can play with those nice leather gloves.
 
*shudder*

And just think of the laundry... all that mud...


Here's hoping for a more pain-free evening for both you and Ice-T. I hope E.R. brings you both something good to eat.
 
Ice-T got a can of anti-hairball formula chicken feast!

Dr. ER got most of half of a Pizza of the Gods from Hideaway, the mothership Hideaway, in Stillwater!

(Dr. ER, a shoulda-been meteorologist, is chirpy as all get-out 'cause storms are popping out around Corn and Weatherford, and it's live on the TV. Ice-T is resting uncomfortably.)
 
Ha! We just realized we've been sittin' and watchin' a squall line on the TV --a dang squall line! -- moseying toward OKC from the west.

And we're happy as can be with the coverage. Okies, we are.

It's the Okie version of that Foxworthy joke about the president:

"The weather's on! The weather's on! It's on every channel!" :-)
 
Oh, and I got Ice-T some new cat toys that look like African totems or voodoo dolls or something.
 
Re: No baseball in the rain.

Dr. Lobojo's answers have some merit, but I believe the overarching reason is plain ole safety. A pitcher will lose control of a wet ball. That loss of control coupled with the extra velocity that can be obtained could seriously injure or kill a batter.
 
I'm 1-1 on baseball.

Oklahoma State swept the Texas A&M Aggies. Central Oklahoma fell 1-2 to the Southeastern Oklahoma State Savages.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy: Texas Rangers opening game with Boston is on TV in a couple of hours, and I have already commandeered it from Dr. ER and her Star Trekkian ways. I am startin' this season right!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?