Tuesday, April 11, 2006

 

Catback Mountain?

PLAYBILL

Jack Twist: Ice-T the cat
Ennis Del Mar: Scrat, the critter from
Ice Age.

Our story begins ...

Jack: "Jack Twist."
Ennis: "Ennis."
Jack: "Your folks just stop at Ennis?
Ennis: "Del Mar."
Jack: "Well, nice to know you, Ennis Del Mar."
Jack: "You ever rodeo?"
Ennis: "I don't rodeo much, myself. I mean, what's the point of ridin' some piece of stock for eight seconds?"
Ennis: "My dad...he thought rodeo cowboys was all f---ups."
Jack: "The hell they are."

Jack: "Mom never explained it to me. I guess it's when the world ends and fellas like you and me, we march off to hell."
Ennis: "Speak for yourself. You may be a sinner, but I ain't yet had the opportunity."
Ennis: "You know I ain't queer."
Jack: "Me, neither."


Jack: "Time to get goin' cowboy."
Ennis: "This ain't no rodeo, cowboy!"

[blankets rustle; collars jingle; animal sounds]

Ennis: "This is a one-shot thing we got goin' on here."
Jack: "It's nobody's business but ours."


Ennis: "Come on, now, you're sleepin' on your feet like a horse."
Jack: "You know, it could be like this, just like this, always."
Ennis: "Yeah? How do you figure that?"
Jack: "It'd be a sweet life."
Ennis: "No, I told you, it ain't gonna be that way ... if you can't fix it, Jack, you gotta stand it."

Jack: "For how long"
Ennis: "As long as we can ride it. There ain't no reins on this one."


Jack: "Swear to God, I didn't know we was goin' to get into this again. Yes I did. I red-lined it all the way. I couldn't get here fast enough."
Ennis: "The bottom line is, we're around each other and this thing grabs hold of us again in the wrong place, in the wrong time and we're dead."
Jack: "This is a g--damn bitch of an unsatisfactory situation."


Jack: "I wish I could quit you."
Ennis: "Why don't you? It's because of you, Jack, that I'm like this. I'm nothin'. I'm nowhere."
Jack: "There's never enough time, never enough. You know, friend ... you used to come away easy, now it's like seein' the Pope."
Ennis: "I just can't take this anymore, Jack."
Jack: "Damn you, Ennis."
Ennis: " Jack, I swear ... "

THE END


Story board by Dr. ER and ER. Photos by ER. Quote extraction and placement by Dr. ER. Direct quotes from "Brokeback Mountain," short story by Annie Proulx, screenplay by Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana, motion picture directed by Ang Lee.

Note: The scene was not set up. Even the "Cowboy Up" sign always rests where you see it, on the hearth. We bought "Scrat," who is battery-operated and jumps around and freaks out when you take his nut away, like in Ice Age, just to see how Ice-T would react.

We cracked up when Ice-T started *makin' moves" on Scrat. It naturally occurred and ER, who usually keeps his camera by his recliner, caught it.


--ER and Dr. ER

Comments:
My participation in this exercise was out of absolute gen-yew-wine affection for the movie, the characters and the story...gotta have some comic relief when you're hip's broke. Plus, well, I know the danged dialogue so well already, it didn't take much looking up to get the words right.
 
That fella sure has one big nut up front doesn't he?

3&8 there is no absolution fro your participation.
 
All this "Cowboy Up" shit reminded me of a groaner:

A tall weather-worn cowboy from Colorado who walked into a Durango
saloon and ordered a beer. The saloon’s regulars quietly observed the
drifter through half-closed eyelids. No one spoke, but they all noticed that the stranger’s hat was made of brown wrapping paper. Less obvious was the fact that his shirt and vest were also made of paper, as were his chaps, pants, and even his bootsincluding the paper spurs.
Truth be told, even the saddle, blanket and bridle on his horse were made entirely of paper.

Of course when the sheriff heard about him he was soon arrested for rustling.
 
*GROAN*
 
This is jes' not natruel. Not natruel a-toll. I'll pray that Ice-T don't go ta hell.






(tongue wedged sharply in cheek.)
 
Don't y'all know I work in a liberry? I'm getting all sorts of odd looks for laughing so loud!
 
3&8, make sure it is Totally healed before going back. Go back slow. A few hours one week, a little more the next etc..
Dr.'s orders.

One more groaner and I won't do this again for a long time.


You have been cloned.


You and your clone are standing on the roof of a tall building.


Your clone is naked.


You decide to push your clone off of the roof.


Is it murder?


Is it suicide?


Or is it...


an obscene clone fall?
 
Okay so this is funny, but you can't be too tough on those poor ol' gay cowboys... ever since Apollo arrived, Fenway has um well... been really confused about his feelings. I'm sure you get the picture.
 
Holy crap. My step-granddog is gay?
 
ER, it's not your fault. It happens in the best of families.
What else would you expect though from a dog named "Fenway".
 
"fenway": a path through a wet-land (a fen)O.E.
 
Fen/Fenn:
Fens are wetlands characterized by continuous sources of ground water rich in magnesium and calcium. This groundwater comes from glaciers that have melted, depositing their water in layers of gravel and sand. The water sits upon layers of soil (glacial drift) that are not permeable; thus keeping the water from sinking beneath the surface. The water is then forced to flow sideways along the surface, where it picks up minerals in its path that contribute to the special chemical make-up of fens.

Sometimes, there are so many minerals in the water that some of them congregate to make a very porous rock called tufa. Marl, a crumbly kind of rock, can also accumulate from excess calcium mixed with other kinds of minerals. The soil in a fen is made up of peat.

The exact make-up of a fen is decided not only by the concentration of minerals, but, also by the amount of water flow, and by the terrain itself. It is different from a bog. Where a bog is more acidic, a fen is very alkaline. The pH of soil in a fen ranges from 7.35 to 8.00. The species of organisms that survive in fens must be able to adapt to these alkaline conditions present in the fens.

What's the pH of your Grand-dog?
 
Well, I'll be. Never heard of a fen.

Fens, bogs, swamps, bayous, sloughs, and the part-time playas out west -- interesting how many different kinds of wetlands there are.

Big Skin Bayou is on one end of my county, and there is a Mud Slough, which is a redundancy, down in the Arkansas River bottoms.

I am plumb TICKLED that our Bird and YankeeBeau checked in! :-)
 
Y'all have me in stitches!

I'm going to have to link this, since I've already linked about 150 Brokeback parodoes.
 
Okay, this was, without a doubt, the weirdest thing you've ever posted here. I think there's hope for you after all. :)
 
You know, most of the streets etc. in Boston started out as cow paths where the farmers turned the cows out in the morning and they automatically cowed along to the Boston Commons, ate and shit all day and then came home the same way at night. Most probably Fen Way was one of those cow paths. So Fenway is a cow path dog. Kinda like a cowboy in a way. Cowboy up Fenway, let's go chase a few hefers.
 
re: fens. Best way to learn about fens is to read Waterland by Tom Crick -- it's about the British fens and the culture therein.

I sure hope Dr. ER gets up and out soon. It looks like somebody's going *stir* crazy!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?