Monday, November 07, 2005

 

No soup for me!

OK, so when the instructions on a microwavable food item say something like, "allow to sit for 1 minute in microwave," just do it, OK?

A bowl of Campbell's New England clam chowder got me last night -- in the face! Big bubble sploded all over as I was takin' it out of the oven.

Got two burns on my forehead and one on my dang nose. Woulda been worse for my forehead if I hadn'ta had a gimme cap on.

I swear, if it ain't one thing it's another. Seriously, I should not be left without adult supervision. Looks like I've got chowderpox. Makes me a chowderhead!

Now, I'm off to the doc to get to the bottom of a lil discomfort I've been having. I can think of no better way to ensure a good week than to go to the doc first thing Monday morning.

--ER

Comments:
Geeze ER, we should put you in a padded room just to see how long it takes for you to hurt yourself.

I hope the burns aren't too bad and that the doc gives you something for 'em, as well as getting the "discomfort" comfortable. Feel better soon!
 
A boss I had when workin' at a truck stop back in the day used to claim I could tear up an anvil with a puffball.

I'm just a big ol' clunky guy! BUT -- woo hoo! -- the Lean Cuisines and eschewing fast food lately have paid off. Weighed 3 pounds less than on the last trip to the doc.

I'm down to 284 from a peak of 287. (I'm 6'4" -- overweight, yes, but not horribly so.)

Timeline: I weighed 195 when I graduated high school in '82; 225 when I graduated college in '88; 255 when I got married in '97; 285 when I finished my master's in '04 (I ate BAD for those three-and-half years).

This is the first time I recollect my weight actually going down.

--ER
 
Dr. ER is going to have to hire a sitter for you. Can't you train those dogs to cook?? ;)

Way to go on the weight loss!
 
Thanks, Frenzied. ... Every time I mention Rent-A-Wife, Dr. ER gets all freaky on me. :-)

--ER
 
You know ER, I have told my
husband since the start we
need a stay at home wife.
Everyone working it sure
would be nice to have a
homecooked meal, (that I
did not make). might help
my weight too. I am a nibbler,
I have eaten a meal by the
time we sit down..
See ya soon my tree friend.
do you remember that?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?