Saturday, October 29, 2005

 

Oh! State!

Scary doings tonight in Stillwater, with No. 2 Texas comin' to town. It's the ONLY time of the year I ain't hollerin' "Hook 'em 'Horns!"

Hoo boy. Time to Cowboy up -- and take it like men.

GO POKES!

--ER


From www.realfootball365.com

Oklahoma State University is known for its Halloween Homecoming celebration, featuring spookily decorated fraternity houses and a street fair with costumes.

This October, though, the real horror show might be the Saturday football game (6 p.m. CDT, on TBS) at Boone Pickens Stadium.

Read the rest of the sad tale.

Comments:
Go ahead, enjoy this lead, but keep your Kleenex nearby!!
 
Ha. Welcome to Stillwater.

--ER
 
The hen is the smartest of the birds, because it does not crow until after the egg is laid.
Ha.
Remember last year's game?
 
No crowing here! Y'all will, however, have to work for it. :-) .. Wait a minute, who're you callin' "hens"?

GO POKES!
 
Congrats to the 'Horns! There's a reason they're No. 2. But my pokes gave 'em a decnet Halloween scare in the first half!

--ER
 
My condolences, ER. They certainly got my hopes up there for a bit.
 
Gotta say I was torn by this game. No. 1, I always root for the Pokes unless they play Kansas State.

But I don't necessarily mind Texas, since, after all, anytime the Longhorns do well, it really ticks off the Sooners fans. Since KSU is experiencing another down year and has no chance at it, I'd love to see Texas win the national title, beating USC by 30 just to prove it could be done.

But if I had my druthers, I'd prefer the Wildcats were in that position. Dadgum losin' by a field goal late in the game.
 
The Pokes acquitted themselves better than could be expected, but it always sucks to play a good team on Homecoming. At least with the Sooners at the bottom of the barrel with us, it should be a good OU/OSU game.
 
ou/OSU is usually a good game, regardless. Note, though, that the sooners are one game away from bowl eligibility. They have fallen far -- but they had far to fall.

--ER
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?