Monday, October 24, 2005

 

Miers schmiers: Meet Bernanke

Sadly, this nomination will not get nearly the scrutiny of an SCOTUS nominee -- and chairmanship of the Federal Reserve has more actual impact on our daily lives, as a matrer of course, than any SCOTUS memmber.

(Admittedly, SCOTUS can have more unexpected and drastic effect.)

This is the kind of thing that makes Dr. ER's eyes glaze over. Fed watching keeps my inner wanna-be economist titillated.)

From The Associated Press
Via ABC

President Bush on Monday selected Ben Bernanke, chairman of the president's Council of Economic Advisers, to replace Alan Greenspan as Fed chairman, according to an administration official.

Read all about it.

--ER

Comments:
The offspring of Paul and Alan.
 
I believe he could be considered their intellectual love chid, yes.

--ER
 
I don't mind a "REAL" Republican as head of the Fed, and this guy signals some profesional continuity. At least he is not a neo-con. Besides he graduated from MIT. MIT (unlike Harvard) does not let dummies in the door much less out of the door at the other end.
 
"Professional", I swear I proof read my sh.. before I post it.
 
Amen.

Maybe somebody should clone him. Country Club "brown shoe" Repubs can be reasoned with and negotiated with.

--ER
 
I do like that he's not known for telegraphing a political ideology. This will be interesting to watch -- moreso than what's-her-name because this guy seems to have some substance.
 
I bet someone it was gonna be John Snow.

I happily lost that dollar.
 
I responded to your comment on my page.
 
Damn Toad, what a cool audio clip.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?