Saturday, September 24, 2005

 

Wooooo pig! SOOUIEEEE!

Razorbacks!

Woo hoo, with my beloved Oklahoma State Cowboys off today, and the ou sooners off today, too, there's nothin' to distract me from concentratin' on my second favorite college football team:

Arkansas.

Playing 'Bama, in Tuscaloosa:

By THOMAS MURPHY
Mobile Register Sports Reporter

TUSCALOOSA -- Motivation for Arkansas-Alabama today is a multi-layered stew, brimming with retribution, redemption and respect.


Read all about it, if you wish.

If not for havin' to pay higher, out-of-state tuition, I'da headed up to Fayetteville for my extry book learnin' instead of to Stillwater.

Woulda helped if there'da been a good road between home and Fayetteville. I reckon I mighta commuted, at least at first.

But there wadn't one in the mid-1980s -- just an unimproved U.S. Highway 71, with a big sign up at one point that had removable numbers:

"(19) people have died at this spot since (date)."

Sigh. I grew up in the Ozarkian hills of eastern Oklahoma, closer, as the crow flies, to the University of Arkansas than to OSU, which seemed -- and was, and is -- way the hell out on the western prairie compared to my home stompin' grounds.

I do loves my Cowboys. But I do wonder what mighta been ... I'da made a great Razorback undergrad -- and if the planets every get all lined out just right, I've got this crazy, CRAZY fantasy about one day bein' a Razorback doctoral student.

Erudited rednecks can dream, cain't they?

Woo pig! Sooooieee! Arkansas! Razorbacks!

Whup the Tide!

--ER

Comments:
Arkansas University is a class innstitution.

I remember when my school's whole football team(except for 3) died in a plane crash on their way to a game against Utah State.

When they resumed their season, their first game was agaont the Razorbacks, whose fans gave my Shockers a stamding ovation when they ran onto the field and cheered them everytime they made a gain on offense and stopped a gain on defense.

We lost the game something like 52-0 but the Arkansas fans were awesome.

As for Alabama, Their symbol is an elephant which reminds me that it is easier to extract the tusks from Alabama elephants than African or Indian elephants.

Why?

Because in Alabama, the Tuscaloosa!
 
What happened to your Razor backs bud?

HECK YA ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Mark,

I love your Joke!!!!!
 
Pech, I reckon they got whupped fair and square -- er, far and squar!

--ER
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?