Friday, September 16, 2005

 

Welcome Rebel Angel

Hey, y'all, regular ER commenter and straight-shooter Rebel Angel has done whupped herself up her own blog.

As I told her over at her place, I like her. She's smart as whip, usually thinks before she posts or comments and seems honest about it when she's torn -- by events, her own thoughts, others' good arguments.

It IS hard sometimes when all sides of a good rhubarb make good points. Around here, Rebel Angel has handled herself, and others, with aplomb. I reckon she'll do right fine over at her own place.

She knows how to cut up and carry' on some, too. And she knows when not to.

First rattle out of the chute, she's gone and took on the federal judge out in California who is lettin' a certifiable atheist gun for the Pledge of Allegiance. Small loss, if you ask me, but a loss. A couple of words that either really mean something -- as a prayer, which means maybe they ought not be in the pledge -- or don't, as a common cultural expression, so what does it matter? But that's me -- and this is about Rebel Angel, and she has her own ideas on the subject.

She is a grade-A sweetie-pie -- and I get the idea she knows how to kick ass and take names when the occasion warrants.

For what it's worth: Rebel Angel comes with the Erudite Seal of Redneck Approval. Go visit and tell her that ER sent ya.

--ER

Comments:
Thanks for the heads up. I scurried right over.
 
I am beginning to wonder if Bloggers aren't like Lawyers. Everytime you create one of them, then you have to create two more to support the one. Sooner or later the universe will be a googleplex of Bloggers.
By the way:
If you ever want to know how meaningful the "under God" section of the pledge really is, just listen to a class of 5th graders say it.
I hope they take "In God We Trust" off the coins as well. That will make all of our pocket change worth two or three times its face value to the collector community. If they ever do that I'm going to run out and buy all the rolls of coins I can get a hold of, and then hord them just like Scooge McDuck.
Save your change boys and girls.
 
*blushing* I'm not sure I deserve all those kind words, but thank you, ER. It was mainly this blog that made me even want to try one of my own. I like the way you move between topics that are downright personal to current events and hope I can master that, too.

I think this is going to be fun. :)


RebelAngel
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?