Friday, August 26, 2005

 

Something *really* important

Between gettin' spider-bit and dang near laid up, bein' down in the mouth in general, PLUS unseasonal heavy rains -- in August? -- my yard work is so far behind, I'm worried that jack-booted homeowners association thugs will be knockin' on my door anytime.

Woo hoo! I'm off for the afternoon, to give my yard a haircut, trim some bushes, pull some weeds -- and try not to keel over in the 100-plus-degree heat index.

It's fixin' to come up yet another dadgum cold front with the usual line of showers. Gotta hurry! The carrot at the end of the stick? Cold beer and hot fried catfish!

If you stand in the street out front, it looks like my part of my side of the street has a mohawk -- 'cause Dough*, who lives on one side, and the Flanderses*, who live on the other, got their cut last evening! (*Names changed).

Must dash! Tata!

Ahem, harrumph. Who the heck was THAT??

I mean, I'm fixin' to get me some gone. Later, taters.

--ER

Comments:
Dude, what does this tater have to do to get some fried catfish around here? =D

Hope you feel better!
 
So how was yer mowin', ER? Still own all yer digits? You and yardwork ain't been good partners as of late.
 
Teditor, it was with fear and trepidation that I picked up the very pruners that like to cost me a finger. No injuries sustained, though!

Today's the real test, though: I have big tree limbs to cut and will have to climb a ladder to get to the roof to do so!!!
 
If it helps, just think of all the money you'll save not hiring someone else to cut your branches. It might cover your emergency room bill ... I just had all of my trees done, including having several removed, and it set me back $900.
How much you spending on health care these days? LOL!
 
I just got back the Ace Hardware with a brand-new pair of LOPPING SHEARS.

I'm doomed. :-0
 
Noooooo!!! Get a pole saw -- it's less likely to take an appendage!
 
I looked at the pole saws. They look copmplicated. Made me think of fly fishing or something. Me and ropes, string, twine and such don't get alone well atall. :-)
 
Let us pray...
 
Well, you shamed me into following your example. I went and mowed my yard this afternoon to keep from riling the neighbors after the coming rain. It really wasn't too bad yet, but could have gone bad on me pretty quick. I have to say it was a much easier job after getting all the trees cut back and some removed recently. No more fighting the overgrowth!
 
ER, you haven't given us any information at all as to the condition of the spider that bit you. How's he (or she, as the case may be...) doing?
I want to take this opportunity to wish the both of you a speedy recovery. ;-)
 
I'm sure the spider that got me got back in return. Mutual poisoning!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?