Sunday, July 17, 2005

 

Redneck Sunday Brunch

Home-sliced ham from Braum's, fried in a skillet.

Cheddar cheese slice.

Two slices of white bread.

Mayo.

Coffee.

Pork rinds as a crunchy side dish.

I might be a redneck.

But NOW, with my belly full, I can chance a trip to the store to get the makings for peach cobbler. I simply cannot go to the store hungry without bringin' back a buggy full of vittles.

Fixin' a couple of cobblers -- one to freeze for when Dr. ER gets back from her jag -- readin' Harry Potter ("The Order of the Phoenix," which I allowed grad school to sidetrack me from back in ought-3; Dr. ER has the new book with her), pickin' up the house some, and bloggin' extensively, later, about the Tattooing Trip to Texas Bird and I took yesterday -- that's all that's on my agenda today.

Screw the yard this weekend. It's July. I consider leavin' the grass alone an act of environmental benevolence.

More anon.

--ER

Comments:
I had a hard time concentrating during part of church this morning because I started thinking about fried ham for Sunday lunch. And there's a Braum's about 3 blocks from me...
 
Ha! I'll bet you pass on the pork rinds! Oooohh. These are Stratford-fried-in-a-big-kettle-on-the-spot-at-the-peach-festival pork rinds! Dude.
 
I've had my share, but they don't cast a spell over me.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?