Friday, July 29, 2005

 

Off to God's Country

Off to the old stompin' grounds, to see Mama ER, Brother ER and anyone else who is around. Jeannie Diane, ol' pal, is supposed to come by this evening.

We are threatening to get a coldbeer in her for old times sake.

I've been off from work all week. As I feared, it took until Wednesday for me to settle down. But, I got the new Harry Potter read by noon Monday. Goofed off Tuesday.

I was all redneck Wednesday -- workin' in the yard all day, topping it off with grilled pork chops for me and Dr. ER and Bird.

Yesterday, I was all erudite -- spent more than half the day in the university library doing basic research for a small article I have to have done and in by mid-August.

Today, why, it's almost 10 a.m. and I'm still sippin' coffee and sittin' here in my sleepin' drawers and a T-shirt. Lawsy -- yawn, scratch-scratch -- I do b'lieve I've been on vacation, finally.

Off to Mama's.

Later, y'all.

--ER

Comments:
Hey, have fun! I'm in my own old stomping grounds, and I think that it's doing me good -- in spite of myself.
 
Enjoy your weekend!
 
I had a wonderful time. God's country,
3 good ol boys (I guess men now).And
they did try to temp me with an ice
cold beer.. But I was strong..ER it
was so good to hug your neck and
visit. Let's not wait so long next
time.
 
Awwww. Indeed. .. You ever need anybody's ass kicked for ya, you know who to call. :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?