Monday, July 11, 2005

 

Aaaarrrrgggghhh

Grrrr.

Does anyone know what I can do to get Blogger to start sending me e-mails again when people leave comments? I get one once in awhile, just randomly. Is this is Bloggerwide problem? I wrote to Blogger about it. No improvement.

OK. So, I'm home, there's coffee on. The plumber has showed up and later will extract my signature pledging to come up with $1,000 within 90 days -- on top of the $240 we already gave 'em.

The dogs are boxed up in the sun room for the duration, since the plumbing work is in my yard and the back neighbor's.

The TV is fixing to be on the Western Channel for appropriate inspirational background tunage.

I WILL WRITE A 500-WORD BOOK REVIEW THAT IS PAST DUE. I WILL.

But it's HARD when it's not for a grade, or for pay, but just for a line on a vita. I mean, I been writin' for hire for nigh on 20 years. Bylines ain't worth what they used to be.

"But remember, ER, writin' history is different from writin' journalism. Them vita lines are important, if you ever want to Pile it Higher and Deeper."

"Yes, I know, self, but unnggggghhh -- want. to. goof. off."

--ER

Comments:
"Bylines ain't worth what they used to be."

No kidding. But it sure beats having to help dig the ditch in the back yard, don't you think?
 
Honestly? I would rather dig ditches if I could make the same pay. Actually, I'd do it and take a pay cut if I wasn't in debt. I'd be in better physical shape. And I could spend all my mental capacity on stuff I'm interested in, instead of what others think is interesting.
 
And you'd probably cut off all your digits if you did that kind of work. :-)
 
Hey, Teditor:

Bite me.

:-)
 
Little bits of E.R., buried as he continues digging... even the little bits Teditor has to bite.
Hmmm. Sounds like the beginning of a serial maimer's how-to book. Who will you get to type it for you, though?
 
I'll get an extra-big keyboard with extra-big keys and keep poundin' away with my stubs!
 
Skip, skip, whistle, whistle -- woohoo! I got my dang review wrote, and I got the dang thing turned in. Now, when the plumbers get the hell off my place, me and Mr. Dickel are gonna smoke a Walgreen's maduro and celebrate with a sip of nip.

Anyone who actually wants to see this albatrossicish review that has haunted me the past coupla weeks, drap me an e-mail and I'll send it yer way. (Copyright qualms keep me from posting it). Don't be afraid. It's only 480 lil words.

Yep, I reduced a 509-page book to a 480-word review. Seems wrong, somehow, don't it? :-)
 
You're doing better than me. I have a book review that was due LAST DECEMBER, and I haven't even cracked the book yet.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?