Thursday, June 30, 2005

 

Redneck fantasy come true!

Oh. My. Lord.

From The AP, via Sports Illustrated:

Thai fishermen caught a 293-kilogram (646-pound) catfish that may have been the world's largest freshwater fish, wildlife conservation groups said.

That sumbuck is dang-near as big as a slaughter-age steer. Serve it up!

And a pickup load of hushpuppies! A 55-gallon drum of tartar sauce! A full acre's worth of taters, fried! And appropriate amounts of quartered pickles, tomato relish and fresh sweet onion! Slaw! Sweet tea by the tanker truck load!

"Awwhhh!" as the late great Jerry Clower used to say (and it is a bloggin' SHAME that ol' Jerry's signature holler just cannot be replicated with text).

Read all about it.

--ER

Comments:
I saw that too and my first thought was, did they noodle that sucker out? Can you tell I'll spent 2 summers in Chickasha, OK?
 
Ha! Corndog, you hadda spent some time 'round here to know about noodling! I am impressed. Summers in Chickasha? Who'd you piss off to get that sentence? :-)
 
Hey I know about noodling too. But I guess my hometown of Wichita is pretty close to Oklahoma. I caught a couple of catfish a time or two, but the biggest fish I ever caught, which was an 8 1/2 ft sailfish (caught off the western coast of Mexico) was still smaller than that catfish.
 
Umm...my husband actually cut that picture out of the paper, glued an obviously not original picture of his face over the face of the guy that caught the fish and hung it on his locker at the fire station. Moronic but funny. Very much redneck humor.
 
This proves there is a God.

Just wish He would make the bass a little hungrier 'round these parts.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?