Friday, June 24, 2005

 

Overheard in the ER household VIII

(I'm cheating. I "overheard" myself.)

ER: (Bam-bam-bam). "Giddy up. We need to talk before I go to work."

Bird: "Unnggghrr ... (grumble, grumble) ..."

Half-minute later ...

Bird: "Urmph?"

ER: "Your mom (Dr. ER) is pretty pissed about the bag of cat shit in your bathroom."

Bird, fully awake now: "Huh? You mean the litter box?"

Editor's Note: The "litter box" she refers to is an aluminum bread loaf pan. The "cat" "lives" in her bathroom, since he was found "injured" and "caterwauling" in the front yard a "couple" of weeks ago. "Ice-T," his name is, and he "sleeps" on a potholder on the floor of Bird's water closet-toilet room or whatever the heck it's called.

ER: "No, she said there was a paper bag full of cat shit and litter in there."

Bird: "(Gasp). Oh, I forgot."

ER: Whatever. I'm not pissed. Just take it out.

Bird: "OK."

ER: "Your mom was pretty hot about it. But, considering the shape the rest of the house is in, I don't think a bag of cat shit in a bathroom where a cat lives on a potholder on the floor next to the toilet rises to the level of an offense."

Bird, whose sense of irony, political nuance and sophisticated erudite redneck humor is not yet fully developed, smirked slightly and went back to bed. And I was in such a rush I don't know whether she took the bag of cat shit out or not.

Our house is a wreck because our lives are so busy. Dr. ER and I are fixing to head to Santa Fe, where, if there really is a God, we will find time to relax, even though this is a work trip for her. Wish us well.

--ER

Comments:
On a POTHOLDER?
 
HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! OMG you are funny!
 
Trixie,

Ice-T is a litty bitty kitty! He is, however, growin' like Topsy.

Maybe I'll upgrade him to a hand towel.
 
Oh god, yes, that sounds like "needs a vacation' material to me. Hope you two find time to relax.

And let the poor damn cat out of the bathroom, hm?
 
Pastor T,

I am not sure i would agree with you about the test for existence of God being unrelated to rest.

If there is a God, surely he would have created a day to rest after expending so much energy fighting monsters and then creating this universe we live in. Besides, relaxing is meant to find God again again again.

ER,
HAve tons of fun. Can't wait your arrival back. And get that crap outside.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?