Monday, June 13, 2005

 

It's not paranoia if ...

By The Erudite Redneck

Last night, I dreamed that all of my major worries had taken on physical shapes and were attacking me.

Current debt: Takin’ a jab!

Future debt: Shadowy, haunting thing, moanin’ and slingin’ some kind of icy-cold liquid on me.

Education goals: Takin’ turns shovin’ me around.

Health concerns: A set of triplets (one for each of three people, includin’ myself, I worry about regularly): Just beatin' me up.

House woes: (“deferred maintenance”): Punch, punch, punch!

Some of this might’ve been connected loosely to the storms that had us on high-emotional alert yesterday evening, and the chipotle steak and cheese sammich, with extra jalapenos, I had for supper, a little late.

But night before last, I dreamed I was in the yard of a farmhouse outside Seymour, Texas. I was alone. I got out of my truck, just as aliens (space aliens, not “illegal aliens”), materialized and beat the crap out of me.

I thought they would abduct me, and in the dream that seemed to be their original intention. But they decided, no, they just wanted to kick my ass. They got in their ship and just left me there, sprawled in the dirt next to my pickup.

And I’d had no reason for gastrointestinal distress that night.

Man!

What the heck does all that mean?

--ER

Comments:
Hmm, perhaps a few short-term therapy sessions are in order.

Or some blue glittery nail polish. You wouldn't get whomped up on so much.
 
Naaah. Makes perfect sense. I'm way overdue for a hip-breakin' at the hand of an angel of the Lord, a la Jacob, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

I am rasslin' with some things that I feel like are invading my life and something akin to my soul is involved. Might be rasslin' with God His Self.
 
Now that is profound.
 
You should be so lucky.
 
That last one almost leaves me speechless. But not quite.

Hmmm. "God" either knows the Jacob reference and is now apostate, or at least backslidden, and therefore is comfortable in making such a dig at my confession of yet another bout in a lifetime struggle to surrender, to Him, not to those who go about proclaiming Him; or, doesn't know the reference and how profound the journey of Christian faith can be sometimes; or, is just a smartass.

I'm going with the last one, until more evidence surfaces. Luck has jack to do with it.
 
I can't comment on this. I have no comment other than, "OH MY GOD! Y'ALL ARE SOOOO FUNNY!"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?