Thursday, June 23, 2005

 

ER hometown news III

By The Erudite Redneck

Not that much of note in the home county county paper this week. Oh there was plenty of news:

"Loan Scam Targets Area Residents."

"Sewer Rate Increase Is Approved; Fees Adjusted."

"Five Injured When SUV Attempts U-turn On I-40."

"Rib Sale Slated For Fire Training."

But the most interesting items were in the "This Week in County History" column and the "Too Late to Classify" section.

History -- "75 Years Ago: Sequoyah County people may see moving pictures of the largest bean fields in this part of the state during the near future. The state agricultural department, of which Harry B. Cordell is chairman had been making moving pictures in this community, working with the state marketing commission."

I'm pretty sure that in 1930 I'da loaded up the fam and drove to town to see a picture show of soybeans. Seriously.

Too late -- "MISSING: BLACK AND WHITE SPOTTED CROSSBRED COW, probably still has auction tags, could be anywhere. 918-xxx-xxxx."

A man that can't keep track of his dadgum just-bought black and white spotted crossbred cow probably couldn't be expected to keep a wife either.

--ER

Comments:
That's great!
 
OK, I must comment. After all, I've waited for days for something fun to comment about, so, bygum, I'm gonna have my say. It's really important that I get involved in discussions like this, since it's frowned upon to make jokes during a serious discussion and debate. And with dozens of comments going to those topics, I'm left outside with my jokebook in hand looking in as a lost dog. Ah, what despair.

ER, if you like your hometown paper, you'll have to pick up the Luther Correspondence sometime. It's a laugh riot.
 
Teditor, you can come make comments on my blog any time. I don't get into the deep serious topics, at least not very often. Just don't make me cry making fun of me.
 
Teditor, did you not make a classic as-like error?

Looks as it to me. ;-)
 
Of course I did. I was in such a rush to comment, I couldn't contain myself.

One of our department fellas gets that Luther tattler, and you'd definitely get a kick out of it. He's promised to bring it in sometime soon.
 
How does one lose track of a cow between the auction barn and the trailer?
 
Think he musta turned his back, and the cow made a break for it. You ever see a cow wearing Air Jordans?
 
These headlines are my favorite part about the ER network.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?