Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 

Bird does ER and Dr. ER proud!

Phone rang just now at the office. Bird on the line.

"You should be proud because Shmirdly (Bird's friend with a similar name) and I just realized we were bored and had nothing to do, so I said hey, like we should go to the Capitol and she said like, what, and I said we should go to the Capitol to, like, learn stuff, so I've been showing her around and reading stuff and I learned about Angie Debo and now I'm in a big room with 23 governor's heads. (Scroll down for a pic from the Oklahoma Hall of Governors and other Okie-related pics). Frank Keating's head has no eyeballs."

LMAO. Indeed. Majorly cool. I love my Bird. She bein' as broke as a worn-out guitar string, I'll be glad to accept that as a dad's day present.

Dr. ER and I are both dreamers, when it comes to things political and historical, and we're armchair wonks. Bird is more of the literal, mathematical type. This was a pleasant surprise. Out of the blue! A real pleasant surprise.

--ER

Comments:
Just wait til she tells you she's gone to see the exhibits at the Historical Society and thinks they are cool! LOL Hooray for Bird and her bud!
 
Not a big surprise she's so cool with such cool parents as you and Dr. ER.
 
I don't know about that, Corndog. Bird seems to have inherent coolness. But thanks. :-)
 
I don't understand...you say she's cool because she pointed out that one bust has no eyeballs? did i miss something? I'm not trying to be contrite or minimize the revalation . I don't know Bird or how old she is, so i don't know if this is a relevant revelation or not. but I appreciate your humour
 
What's cool is that Bird is tween her freshman and sophomore years in college, and she still calls ER. If'n you ever talk to him, you'd wonder if'n a person her age would even associate with him. He's like an antique, and you don't want to break him. :-)

Personally, I think it's cool they have a relationship where she does call on instances like that, her bein' his stepchild and all. Good for 'em both.
 
Mark,

What Teditor said.

Plus, the fact that she up and decided to go look at stuff having to do with history, particularly political history, is cool, considerin' that she doesn't have a natural interest in it, like Dr. ER and I do. :-)
 
Maybe "It's the money, honey" or like, something like that, ya know?
 
Well, Bird's aim is to get a master's of physical therapy. There's money to be had there, but it's also doing good for people. She got up close and personal with PT when Dr. ER was having a whole bunch of it a few years ago.

I'm not opposed to money. The accumulation of it just doesn't drive me. On the other hand, the lack thereof, as well as the owing thereof, I find, can be a real motivator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?