Saturday, May 21, 2005

 

Suburban farming calls

Ugh. Must ... get ... started ... on ... yard. Haven't mowed once this year. My bermudagrass is in awful shape in front. The back is a jungle, but who cares? Nobody sees it.

Brick patio is a joke. So much growing up between them I'll have to put the dogs in the sun room after I Roundup to keep them from passing out from fumes. Weeds need pulling in the front flower bed. Gutters need cleaned out desperately.

The house is a wreck on the inside, too.

Plus, I have a list of thoughty projects I really need to be working on. And it's grilling season, and I want to sear some form of livestock in the back yard, but I've talked myself out of it the last couple of times, which is a bad sign.

So far today, I have gotten this far:

Got up, read the paper, went to Sonic for a bacon-egg-cheese sammich and tots and coffee, came back home. Oh, I stopped and bought some lightbulbs, Oh, and I managed to put my work boots on this morning.

And I have somewhat of an emotional hangover from a tense supper and late-late-night conniption I directed at She Who Is.

Tough day yesterday at work -- and totally unexpected. Blew my usual Friday routine. Pissed me. I need to learn to stay away from people when that happens.

Ugh. Must ... start ... work .... on ... yard ...

END

Comments:
Wanna borrow my 16-year-old? It takes half a day of nagging but at least it gets done. :D Of course, sometimes it's easier just to do it yourself.

The alternative is to hire some kid to mow it THIS time for you -- so you can get to the stuff in the house (I usually do that once or twice a summer when my kid is gone). It costs less than you'd think

And good luck with She Who Is. :)
 
"Round Up" the whole damn thing, then blame the bare spots on the dogs. Worked for me.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?