Friday, May 06, 2005

 

I can be a real dictionary

Well, crap. I was hopin' to be somethin' fun. Although this is a hoot!




You're The Dictionary!

by Merriam-Webster

You're one of those know-it-all types, with an amazing amount of
knowledge at your command. People really enjoy spending time with you in very short
spurts, but hanging out with you for a long time tends to bore them. When folks
really need an authority to refer to, however, you're the one they seek. You're an
exceptional speller and very well organized.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.


Comments:
:-) Well, I'll bet this part is right on:
"you'll never stop hoping that more good will come from your failings than is ever possible" -- and INHO, more good HAS come from your "failings" than you probably thought was possible. :-)

My favorite line from my own is right on, as well, I think: "People really enjoy spending time with you in very short spurts, but hanging out with you for a long time tends to bore them." I'll buy that! I mean, "I love y'all, y'all love me," does get old after awhall, I imagine.

:-)
 
I crack up at the term "clear and precise" on the cover. I have to admit to occasionally not being able to follow redneckness. ;)
 
Re, "You spell your name with an E and want everyone to know about it"

AnnE of Green Gables. Not Ann. I think the interpretations suggests that the gratuitous E is for flair. Ergo, it's saying that in some way you insist that we indulge you in some little extra that is just for looks. :-)

Re, "clear and precise." But you speak RSL, don't you? Redneck as a Second Language? If it were yer mother tongue you'd understand me better! :-)
 
True, if it were my mother tongue I'd certainly understand better, but I was born in California, and at this point in my life the total CA time is the greater majority. This place just does that to ya'.

The years I spent outside of this state, living in rural areas, were a long time ago. I can relapse some into redneck, but it gets more difficult as the years go by. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?