Sunday, May 22, 2005

 

Hat trick

If you've ever fixed a cowboy hat usin' duct tape (specifically, Duck brand duct tape), you might be ... well, you know.

Dang band had cracked and was scratchin' my baldin' noggin. Bought that new Resistol awhile back, but it's a little fancy for everyday wearin' -- so I just taped up the insides of another one.

And I b'lieve I am fixing to blow off the thoughty history-related projects I had lined up to do today, 'cause the weather is too basebally not to go enjoy some! I love to sit in the sun in the outfield, under a straw hat, with a cold one. What a great ballpark!

And that is what I'm fixing to do. Dr. ER is at her place of employment, bein' employed. Bird has flown off to Stillwater to visit with a lonely friend there stuck bein' a nanny-house sitter. Didn't see a single game last year, in the throes of grad school. So, what the hey.

Hotdogs and watermelon yesterday. Baseball today. Am I an American or what? Damn straight.

--ER

Comments:
In my opinion, there is nothing better in Oklahoma City than the privilege of sitting in the Southwestern Bell Bricktown Ballpark watching a RedHawks game (even with having to put in all the proper names instead of just being allowed to say "gonna go watch the 'Hawks!")
I finally experienced this pleasure for myself last year, going with a church group to a 7:05 p.m. game in July. We sat in the shade behind home base. So much fun! And it was also my first experience consuming "Dippin' Dots," those little ice cream pellets.
The memory of it rivals the community band concerts of my childhood, held in the city park on a slab of concrete affectionately known as the "amphitheater" or, more commonly, the band pit. Every Tuesday night the park would be filled with families who spread out blankets for relaxing upon. Kids would run wild, playing on the swings and such, until it got dark. Then we'd join the elders on the blanket to listen to the music and drift off to sleep while staring at the stars. Magically, we'd wake up in our own beds the next morning.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?