Monday, May 23, 2005

 

ER hometown news

From the county paper:

"Magazine Creek Arena* and Riders will hold an auction at noon Saturday at the arena. Hardware, plumbing, saddles, tack, windows, microwave, video tapes, shelving, heavy duty trailer ramps, a stereo that plays records, carpet, one registered paint breeding valued at $500, one quarter horse breeding valued at $500, furniture and more will be sold. Proceeds will go to the shodeo kids for year-end awards."

Said arena is so close to Mama ER's house that, as I was growin' up, I could see the lights and hear the announcer from the yard.

My best friend in high school rode a bull -- or, actually, failed to ride a bull -- at a rodeo in that arena.

I learned to love Frito chili pie, with a light sprinklin' of dirt dust and manure dust, at that arena.

SIGH. Where did I go wrong with life? I shoulda never moved to town.

--ER

* Name of arena changed for the hell of it.

Comments:
I would love to have a "stereo that plays records"! And I wish I had need for a "paint breeding valued at $500," but alas, livin' in town I have no place for a horse, of course.
 
If you hadn't moved to town, you might have been a little light on the "Erudite" and a little heavy on the "Redneck". Unless you were planning on going the autodidact route.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?