Sunday, April 17, 2005

 

Weekend schmeekend

Work last week had me giving an inordinate amount of attention to the concept of "curb appeal," so my latent Baptist guilt had me out in the yard most of the day yesterday.

I scraped -- here he goes again -- gouged and raked 80-odd gallons of leaves, twigs and other debris from the front flower beds.

Here's how out of shape I am: At the end, I didn't even want a beer. Wanted orange Gatorade. Holy cow. Stop the presses. Then, I forewent the post yard work grilling. The End must be near, indeed.

Today:

I WILL spend a few hours on a couple of these writing projects that are haunting me.

I WILL take Dr. ER with me to pick out some bedding plants and other pretties for the recently scraped-gouged-raked front flower bed, and then I WILL install same.

I WILL get caught up with Bird; she looked aghast yesterday when I, thinking of summer, which is just around the corner, brought her a job application for a nearby Ace Hardware. I'm afraid she envisions extended periods of uninterrupted slumber.

More anon.

--ER

Comments:
LOL--I know just how you feel.

That's quite the list you've set out for yourself. Good luck with that. :)
 
Good! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Misery loves company.
 
Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend, to me. I'm sure your neighbors will appreciate the effort, too! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?