Tuesday, April 26, 2005

 

Oklahoma, C.S.A.

This feller is runnin' a poll as to whether Oklahoma is in the South.

I am appalled at the very idee that my beloved homeland would be considered anything but -- the part that was Indian Territory at statehood anyway.

The Indians -- the Cherokees, Chickasaws, Choctaws, Creeks and Seminoles -- fought for the Confederacy, most of 'em. Even the western tribes, the Comanche and Wichita and the like, signed treaties with the C.S. of A.

That's about as Southern as it gets outside of the actual seceded states.

Any of y'all who insist, I WILL dust off the appropriate history books. Y'all know I got 'em at the ready.

A bunch of midwesterners and other damn yankees did settle the land run parts, in Oklahoma Territory, I'll give y'all that.

That's beauty of Oklahoma; It IS the South. It IS the West. It's IS on the Southern Plains, part of the Great Plains. It IS in the Southwest.

It is NOT in the goldarn Midwest. Period. It's just that a bunch of thievin' boomers and soomers came here FROM the Midwest.

However, I have given up that fight. Oklahoma City, which was born overnight in April 1889, a generation after the War of Northern Aggression, is the West, and no more part of the historical South than Evansville-fricking Indiana.

But pretty much east of Interstate 35, it's the Southland, y'all.

I don't reckon it'll do any good, 'cause this here feller doedn't even include TEXAS in the South, which has got to be some kind of bloggy declaration of war, if'n you ask me.

But who knows? Mebbe those of us who know the truth can show him the way. Go here and vote right, or as we say in "Little Dixie" (southeastern Oklahoma), "Vote early, and vote often!"

--ER

Comments:
I voted no, 'cause it ain't.
 
Well, Teditor, you don't know s--- then. Ya dadgum Kansan anyway. Yer prolly Unitarian, too. And a Whig.
 
You mean that ain't his real hair?
 
Let's just declare OK the center of the known universe, and ER at the center of THAT, and we don't have to waste keystrokes arguing!! :-)
 
Well, y'all, go to this site and see for yourself. For those who don't know or are too proud to admit the truth, the Confederate States of America are in red:
http://www.pbs.org/civilwar/war/map1.html#
 
What part of the Indian nations' treaties with the Confederacy is hard to understand? They became allies with the South. They had a delegate in Richmond. The Indians came from ther South and brought their damn slaves with them. They had plantations. ???
 
Oh, all and sundry are welcome, but yes, I AM the center of this blogoverse. Yer point?
 
Point of order, Mr. President of Blogdom. You say something about "Little Dixie," yet I'm lookin' at a map of your hometown, and I see it's north of the interstate. Wouldn't that be just eastern Oklahoma? Even northeastern Oklahoma?

How're them feathers I've been teasin'?

You're a good man, ER, but the Kansan in me who studied Texas history as a teen just can't let you get away with much, can I? Long live the legacy of U.S. Grant. :-)
 
Look here, ya long-eared varmint. My "hometown" -- where the schoolhouse that R started to git E waaay back in the day -- is north of I-40. Spittin' distance. The proppity my daddy and his brothers farmed, and river bottoms where I used to run around on dirt rosds and drink beer, and still do some, is south of the highway. You might says I am splittin' airs.
 
Thank YA teditor, for the seeing the light
 
Biased pollster! Biaed pollster! Citizens's arrest! Citizen's arrest!
 
Truth be told, Pecheur, I think ol' ER would love to have lived in the 1800s and have fought for the Confederacy and even died protecting the South from those Yankees.

He's a couple generations too late, but at least now he has the right tools to scrape his nuts.
 
ER,
I have made a CO rekshun and ask for your kind forgiveness in ansinyouaten that you az a connected to OU. My apologies, suh.
 
Yo 'polgeez zecsepted, suh.
 
I declare! When did they start teaching redbonicks in our public schools?
 
ER, you're more Okie and/or Arkansan, not Georgian. Yer dialect is a differnt sort au-l-tugether. I ain't never heard you say suh in yo life, but I've heard you say "yessr" and "nosr" when answering a questing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?