Wednesday, April 13, 2005

 

Life not worth living

This just in:

WASHINGTON -- A report released Monday by the Federal Consumer Quality-Of-Life Control Board indicates that the cost of living now outstrips life's benefits for many Americans.

"This is sobering news," said study director Jack Farness. "For the first time, we have statistical evidence of what we've suspected for the past 40 years: Life really isn't worth living."

(From The Onion)

"Now that's funny. I don't care who ya are."
--Larry the Cable Guy

--ER

Comments:
Blame it on my religious, right-wing conservatism, but I find it interesting that the value of life has gone to heck along with moral and family values.

I point to the time when they said the cost-benefit ratio started approaching parity--1965. Duh. I clearly remember values taking a nosedive since the late 60's. (Yes, I'm old enough for that--phtttttp.)

I also disagree with the monetary value they assigned to inner peace and emotional closeness with family members. How could you even put a price on those, anyway?
 
Don't EVEN get me started. Not this week. Just got back from getting my taxes done.
 
Oh, no, life IS worth living. There's just no point in leaving it for the next generation!
 
I like keeping up with the Wall Street Journal pieces they do each year on the cost of being single. They estimate that it costs around $70K a year more to be as happy being single as married.
 
Oh THANKS, anonymous. Like I wasn't feeling bad enough already.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?