Tuesday, April 26, 2005

 

A call for "bow control"

If this isn't proof that semiautomatic bows and arrows need to be outlawed, then I don't know what is, he said facetiously.

But, ouch!

By The Associated Press

OKMULGEE - A ... man armed with a loaded crossbow entered the ... hospital with the weapon pointed under his chin and fired it, killing himself, police said.

(He) walked into the emergency room at the Okmulgee Memorial Hospital about 2:30 a.m. Sunday and approached an attendant, who called for a nurse, Police Chief Edgar Best said.

"When the nurse came to the front, the man pulled the trigger and shot himself underneath the chin, and the arrow went up into his head," Best said.

No hospital employees or patients were threatened, he said.

(He) was taken by helicopter to St. Francis Hospital in Tulsa, where he was pronounced dead, a hospital spokeswoman said.

--ER

Comments:
My sister-in-law would not like to hear you even joke about outlawing bows. She took out her last moose with one! :)
 
Sounds like my kind of woman. ;-)
 
When I first read the headline, I have to admit, I thought ER was just being "cute" -- ie, I just **knew** he was abbreviating "bow" for "bowel."

But reading on, my "ewwww" gets more aghast....
 
Never having met you in person, I can't be conclusive about this, but I'm sure you'd like her. :)
 
As a family member of Mr. Morris, I am appalled at the disrespectful comments regarding his death. The article you posted does not tell the whole story. Unless you have walked a mile in someones shoes, never judge.
 
Please point out the disrespect. There are comments -- about a very unusual suicide. Unusual enough to invite comment. But where is it disrespectful? I admit it is not laudatory. But where is it disrespectful? The article I linked to speaks for itself. If it's incomplete, so be it: ALL news stories are.
 
very unthoughtful article.... doesn't anyone seem to care what pain could cause someone to do such an act... also didn't you think the family just might be online.... so rude.....
 
Again,

Please point out the disrespect. There are comments -- about a very unusual suicide. Unusual enough to invite comment. But where is it disrespectful? I admit it is not laudatory. But where is it disrespectful? The article I linked to speaks for itself. If it's incomplete, so be it: ALL news stories are.
 
Floyd was a good friend of mine and I really think your article is very rude. Anyone's suicide is not a joke. Have a little thought for the surviving children and family members.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?