Saturday, March 05, 2005

 

Today in history

I WILL finish an article on the history of a certain student newspaper I agreed to write for a history professor who is writing the history of a certain state college!

I WILL read substantial portions of a book on Cherokee history I agreed to review for a certain state historical publication!

I WILL read a stack of business news stories and pass judgement on them, as I agreed to do for a certain state press association!

I WILL think about what props I might need for a presentation on certain narrow aspects of Choctaw and journalism history I agreed to do for a certain state historical society meeting!

I WILL look over materials I've collected for use in writing an article on the history of my home county for a certain state encyclopedia of history and culture!

I WILL put in the mail a copy of a certain historical quarterly with one of my articles in it and send it to a certain local public library, in my hometown, as I agreed to do last December! (How in the heck is it March already?!?)

I MIGHT make time to start chopping another 1,500 words out of an article I submitted to, and had rejected by, a certain uppity historical quarterly so I can submit to another, less uppity historical quarterly.

And I MIGHT do some other productive things, finally, today, after several weekends of off-goofing and around-jacking.

Until 8 tonight, when Oklahoma State takes on Texas on Eddie Sutton Court in Gallagher-Iba Arena at OSU. Whereupon I will have the best seat in the house: my recliner. :-)

There. I have called mySELF out. Done made my to-do list public. Now, my latent Babtist guilt might kick in, and I'll Git-R Done!

--ER

Comments:
OK, since you outted yourself today, that makes you accountable to us. So give us an update and tell us what you actually got done today!
 
Sounds like you had a busy day planned. So how did it go?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?