Tuesday, March 08, 2005

 

Overheard in Stillwater, OK

Friend 1, standing in a bathroom stall at an OSU baseball game: "Hey, buddy, you need a dip?"

Friend 2, standing at a nearby urinal: "Naw, I'm all right."

Friend 1: "Well, there's some Skoal on this toilet seat."

Several: "Moan."

-----

Grad student, at a table of grad students at Shortcake's Diner: "Hell, he's got a master's degree and three damn bachelor's and he's still ABD ("all but dissertation" on a doctorate).

----

My beloved Stillwater in two nutshells!

Pokes lost. Now I can go back to cheering for the Razorbacks. Hell, if it wadn't for out-of-state tuition, I'da probably gone there to college. Grew up closer to Fayetteville than Stillwater!

Afterward, me and Bird had intergenerational victuals at Shortcakes. I hung out there in 1984, the year it opened, her mama, Dr. ER, hung out there in the early 1990s while working on her pee aytch dee, and now Bird hangs out there as a freshman.

--ER

Comments:
Chicken fried steak from Shortcakes. Man, drunk food didn't get any better than that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?