Sunday, March 06, 2005

 

NormalA, normalB, normalcy

Ahhhh. Give me a minute. Just enjoying the day.

Bird has been been shopping with Dr. ER all afternoon. Bird got her a new dress for a wedding she'll attend soon (not her own!). I am anxious to see how it goes with the wee bee inked on her ankle.

I knocked out about half that Cherokee book I agreed to review.

I replaced a burned-out brake light on my truck. And I got the truck hoed out for the week.

Each dog got some house time, separately, which is the only way to maintain peace in the house.

Boorrrrriiiinnngggggg, right? Pshaw. Just right.

The redheads even asked me to do the pork tenderloin on the grill, which is rare. It's usually me and my primal need to play with fire and meat that causes a grilling to occur. Nice to be asked.

Got a fair amount of thinking done today, too.

Thought about which scholarly journals might be most likely to run this paper I did last year on how a couple of Choctaw newspapers interpreted the Northern Plains Indian wars and Custer's downfall. I'll whack the 1,500 words that need to be whacked out of it some other day.

Thought about a presentation I am to give on another couple of Choctaw papers and their editorializing on temperance -- and decided to think more about it later.

And I think I'll read those business news stories I'm judging Wednesday night. Dr. ER will be on the road again, I think, and I'll be by my lonesome.

Monday night is out, probably, because I 'spect Monday to be a long work day because I'm runnin' off halfway through Tuesday to go see Oklahoma State play the Razorbacks baseball Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday night's out, then. So Wednesday, it is.

My decisions are due the following Monday, and I think that, among other things, a stump burnin' might get in the way of any thinking over the next weekend. Mama ER's birthday is Friday and a bunch of the extended ER clan is converging on her house.

Bad news out of OSU Aggieland hoops is offset a little bit by good news on the diamond and excellent news on the mat.

GO POKES!

(And go Bird! And go Dr. ER! Well, go all of us'ns! I got my whole famn damnly in one place today! Woohoo!)

--ER

Comments:
How nice to read about your nice day. I wish I were close enough for some of that pork tenderloin! No one around here asks me to cook, unless they have a death wish!

With all the reading and writing you have to do, are you sure you're going to have more time for gardening and such now that you're out of school??

Have a great evening and try not to spend all your fun in one place. :)
 
Why, Feline, that's right kind of you to remember that I have a green thumb and a gardening itch! My plan is to find time in late March to turn a mudpit in the back yard into a sea of English ivy, or periwinkle, or something else, I haven't decided. And, I have some other basic landscaping issues I plan to deal with. Might not make a vegetable garden till fall. :-)
 
Hmmm, homegrown backyard tomatoes can't be beat. That pork tenderloin does sound good. As I've felt better, my appetite has returned full force.
 
Tell your mama I said, "happy birthday"!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?