Thursday, February 24, 2005

 

This meme is way too long

Oh, what the heck.

1. My favorite color: Orange, even before Oklahoma State..

2. My favorite TV show: "Friends," I guess.

3. My favorite movie: "High Noon."

4. My favorite drink: Cow juice, 2 percent.

5. My favorite cookie: Pecan sandies, Keebler.

6. My favorite candy bar: Reese's.

7. My favorite chip: Fritos.

8. My favorite hamburger: My own, with beef-onion soup mixed in, and seasoned with thyme, Lowrey's, garlic powder and fresh ground pepper, grilled.

9. My favorite vehicle: 1970 Dodge Charger. My first car.

10. My favorite author: I sit literally surrounded by books and can't think of an author's name. I rarely read fiction, so I think in terms of topics, not authors. If I have to name one, maybe Grant Foreman, early Oklahoma lawyer-historian who broke much ground in Southwestern history.

11. My favorite song: "I've Never Been This Homesick Before," by Dottie Rambo.

12. My favorite singing group: The Beatles.

13. My favorite food: Ribeye steak, my way, which is very similar to the burger above, minus the soup mix, medium.

14. My favorite pet: Dog.

15. My favorite musical: "Oklahoma!"

16. My favorite male movie star: Tom Hanks, the greatest actor of our time.

17. My favorite female movie star: Jessica Rabbitt. OK, Meg Ryan before she got tired of being sweet.

18. My favorite male TV star: The Blue-Collar Comedy guys.

19. My favorite female TV star: The girls on "Friends."

20. My favorite clothes: Jeans. Boots. Sweatshirt. Ballcap.

21. My favorite computer: One that's paid for.

22. My favorite internet service: AOL.

23. My favorite kiss: Hershey's. !! OK, little daily smoochies shared with Dr. ER.

24. My favorite Web site: This one! Then, The Onion.

25. My favorite religion: Christianity. Odd to think of it as a "favorite." "What's your favorite internal organ?" Uhhh ...

26. My favorite religious flavor: Liberal Bapticostalistic Holy Roller (Reformed).

27. My favorite hobby: Reading, researching and writing history, and vegetable gardening.

28. My favorite wild land animal: Giraffe.

29. My favorite wild sea animal: Any of those really weird critters that live in the bowels of the oceans.

30. My favorite political party: Populist.

31. My favorite Congressman: Mike Synar, D-Muskogee, RIP.

32. My favorite president: Jefferson Davis.

33. My favorite national park: Little Bighorn National Battlefield in Montana.

34. My favorite national monument: Jefferson Memorial.

35. My favorite vacation spot: Washington, D.C.

36. My favorite exercise: Walking.

37. My favorite sleeping position: Anything that works, which ain't much.

38. My favorite time of day: Mornings, I think.

39. My favorite sexual position: My position? I am FOR it.

40. My favorite pickup line: "Hey, how YOU doin'?" a la Joey on "Friends."

41. My favorite charity: The United Baby Bird College Fund.

42. My favorite blogger: My favorites are listed.

43. My favorite newspaper: The Oklahoman.

44. My favorite cartoon: "Zits" in print, "Yosemite Sam" on TV.

45. My favorite superhero: Iron Man.

46. My favorite person: Unanswerable. Dr. ER, Bird, Mama ER, Brudder, Kent Kat, kith and kin ...

47. My favorite plant: Tomato! Rutgers variety.

48. My favorite Star Fleet Captain: James T. Kirk.

49. My favorite blond(e): All of 'em.

50. My favorite saying: "Live and let live" and "Let go and let God" have served me well.

--ER

Comments:
"Friends". WTF?!? And you call yourself an Erudite Redneck. I take it you don't watch much TV. That's fine, I'm all for unplugging yourself from that heroin teat. But c'mon. Let me give you 3 altenatives that I think fit your general ouevre . "Rockford Files", "Lou Grant", and "F Troop".
 
Pecan sandies are good, but your hamburger sounds better!
 
'Dog, the wimmin in my house, their highnesses -- Dr. ER and Bird, the 19-year-old frosh at Oklahoma State (when she's home) -- have absolute control over the TEEvee, excpet when I have a fit and demand to be able to watch the Western Channel. Then, it's old Gunsmokes and Hopalongs and Lone Rangers and such. ... Yer right, though; I don't watch much TEEvee. ... I do watch whichever CSI is on but again it ain't my doing. ... Truth be told, we're mostly cable news junkies. ... Wait! Imus in the Morning, every day.
 
That Dottie Rambo tune will probaboy throw some folks for a loop. :-) Jesus is just all right with me.
 
I grew up listening to Dottie, the Spears, the Happy Goodmans, etc. I miss those Southern Gospel groups. They got up and sang and had a good time. They didn't care about being cool or uptown. They were just up there singing the glory down.
 
Oh, wow! I'm soooooo flattered! I made it on ER's favorites list! Being a (natural) blonde, I get to be included among ER's favorite blondes. :)
 
Hey Feline! How YOU doin'? ;-) LOL
 
I love your answer for #39. I want to change my answer to that one!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?