Monday, February 21, 2005

 

Rockin', racin', wrestlin'

Dear Abbey (Road),

Is it OK for a 40-year-old man whose last album purchase was a Johnny Cash CD to fall so completely in love with the music of a four-piece Aussie band of 20-somethings that he wants to run yelling into the street for everybody to go immediately and buy it if they even THOUGHT they liked the Beatles or the Stones?

Jet rocks. That's all I can say. If I wasn't in debt "up to my eyeballs" like the poor dude on TV, I'd go see 'em in Chicago this summer (staying safely in the back and away from the mosh pit, though; those young'uns scare fogies like me).

Good Lord. Rock'n'roll lives! I want to dance in the street, or in the back of my truck, or on a levee, or in a pasture -- or in any of the other places where we used to turn up the tunes and drink beer until the wee hours and partay.

Check out Jet.

Signed,
Still Alive and Kickin' -- when there's somethin' worth kickin' about.

--- --- ---

Other stuff:

Speaking of tunage, blog pal Corndoggerel got quite a response when he asked readers to submit the worst covers ever, including my own contribution, which includes Joan Baez and The Band and "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down," among others. Just don't get me started.


The Daytona 500 was fine. Jeffy-poo winnin' is always hard to take, especially when be beats Junior so closely in the process. But you cannot begrudge Prettyboy his success. But GOD DELIVER US from another pre-race show like that one! They keep "mainstreaming" NASCAR, I swear I'll quit 'em! Until the next race. Sigh. The bastards have us by the short hairs and they know it.

My Oklahoma State Pokes kicked ou's butt on the wrestling mat Sunday. So cool to be there to see it in person.

Next OSU thing is basketball, Nebraska there Tuesday night.

Next in-person OSU sports thing for me will be O-State baseball vs. Arkansas Razorbacks on March 8 in Stillwater. It's a 3 p.m. weekday game. Ol' ER will be there with orange on!

Truth be told, ol' ER loves his Razorbacks purt' near as much as his Cowboys. The prospect of payin' out-of-state tuition, truth be told, is about the only reason he didn't wind up goin' to school up at Fay-ta-ville.

--ER

Comments:
No. It is NOT normal for someone your age to be a groupee for Jet. You must now report to the deprogramming center.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?