Thursday, February 03, 2005

 

The "Last" Survey

I found this survey on someone else's blog, (thanks, Gem) and helped myself to it. The answers are ol' ER's of course.
--ER

Last Cigarette: Hmm. Tough one. But I'm sure it was a filterless Camel. Last dip of Copenhagen, my nicotine of choice, was July 6, 2003. Been gnawin' at least one piece of nicotine gum a day since. And I still smoke a cigar now and then. Maduro. Hoyo de Monterrey if anybody's makin' a birthday list. (May 2). :-)

Last Alcholic Drink: Glass of Geo. Dickel, Tennessee whisky, before supper last night.

Last Car Ride: Well, comin' home from work tonight. Last time with somebody else driving was somewhere to eat, probably, with Dr. ER driving.

Last Kiss: A good-morning-so-long smooch for Dr. ER this morning. She's on one of her bidness jags for a week. :-(

Last Good Cry: About a year ago, I had a real come-to-Jesus about what the church should do about homosexuals. Christians in general. OK, me for sure. With clarity, the message I got from On High was very simple: "Love 'em and let Me sort it out." I wept at my own previous arrogance. The epiphany came while looking at the United Churches of Christ Web site, and that's why it's linked to this blog.

Last Library Book: A bunch of books on Wal-Mart history, for a news feature.

Last Book Purchased: Odie B. Faulk, The Making of a Merchant: Raymond A. Young and TG&Y Stores (Oklahoma City: Western Heritage Books for the Oklahoma Heritage Association, 1980). From www.amazon.com, which rules.

Last Book Read: This morning I finished Gone with the Wind, for the first time. Tonight I finished Jack Beeching, The Galleys at Lepanto (New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1982).

Last Movie Viewed in a Theater: "Meet the Fockers." Silly flick, but Bird wanted to see it again, so she, Dr. ER and myself all loaded up and went to the neighborhood theater when Bird was home from college time before last.

Last Movie Rented: No idee. I jdid ust buy "The Outlaw Josey Wales" (Clint Eastwood) on DVD, though.

Last Profanity Uttered: That would be the f-word, muttered multiple times per day. It's a stress reliever.

Last Beverage Drank: Water, with a salad, for supper tonight. If water don't count, then a cup of work coffee, at work, this afternoon.

Last Food Consumed: Fresh gingerbread -- not a stale cookie -- for dessert at Souper Salad.

Last Phone Call: Bird called while I was finishing The Galleys of Lepanto while sittin' at Souper Salad. She was all excited 'cause I'm heading to Stillwater tomorrow for a work thing, and we're goin' to see Oklahoma State wrestle Missouri tomorrow night. And she just moved into a new suite in the dorm, and the weather will be nice this weekend for her drive Saturday to Norman to see her (boy)friend who, God love him, goes to ou.

Last TV Show Viewed: "Imus in the Morning" on MSNBC this morning. Saw Richard "Kinky" Friedman announce his candidacy for governor of Texas. His motto: "Why the hell not?" I would damn near change my residency to be able to vote for him. Texas, my Texas, is in a mell of a hess politically. The Kinkster -- author of "They Don't Make Jews Like Jesus Anymore" and many other great songs and mystery novels -- would be a real breath of fresh air.

Last Time Showered: Nunya. .. OK. this morning. Duh.

Last Shoes Worn: P.O.S. semi-"dress" shoes that are worn out and need to be replaced.

Last CD Played: I think it was a bluegrass CD borrowed from a friend. That or Lakota flute music picked up on last summer's trip to the Black Hills and Little Bighorn National Park in Montana.

Last Item Bought: The aforementioned salad and gingerbread.

Last Download: An update for my anti-virus software.

Last Annoyance: That I'm awake at 11 p.m. because I'm wired after a long day and tomorrow will be anther long day, and so will Saturday because I'm behind at work and will have to go in, and so will Sunday because I have some extracurricular (nonwork-related) writing to do and the dang Super Bowl demands my attention, and before you know it it will be Monday and I will still be behind because changes at work have created a kind of bottleneck that can't be fixed until the changes are complete. And I'm tired.

Last Thing Written: This sentence. No, that one. Dang it. OK, this one. Last real thing written: My weekly newspaper column.

Last Key Used: The period. See it above. Ha. Front-door key.

Last Words Spoken: "Hey, boys!" Earlier, when I fed Riker, our civilized Pembroke Welsh corgi, and Bailey, the white-trash not-very-damn-miniature Dachshund.

Last Sleep: Midnight to 6 a.m. today.

Last Ice Cream Eaten: Whatever was left in the bottom of whatever low-carb ice cream Dr. ER had in the freezer the last time I was overtaken with a need for ICE CREAM NOW, a week or so ago.

Last Webpage Visited: A Department of Defense page with the transcript of a news briefing today: http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/2005/tr20050203-secdef2082.html

END


Comments:
Sorry 'bout that last annoyance stuff...
 
Well, going to Stillwater today won't help, but the only way I get to do anythign fun like that is to put off regular stuff, then work harder to catch up. The story of life, ain't it?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?