Tuesday, February 08, 2005

 

Driftin' along with ER ...

It's pretty quiet at the ER household tonight. The kind of cold, rainy night that usually tosses me into melancholy.

Too tired to be sad, though (the brats and sauerkraut I had for supper last night woke me up about 2:30 a.m., and I never really got back to sleep), and I'm startin' to get a little bit concerned about some extracurricular projects I keep putting off because I don't have a grade hanging over any of them. SIGH. I have to have some kind of reward system, or I just drift. ... drift ...

Dr. ER is in Philadephia and won't be back until Thurday late, when she will crash and it will be like she's not really here, 'cause I just stay out of her way when she comes stumbling in from an extended trip like this one. ... drift ...

Bird is where Bird is, at college, and even with a coupla text messages a day ol' ER gets awful mopey without his favorite Redheaded Redneck Stepchild under foot. ... drift ...

I finished another book today -- source for a future "200-word Erudite Redneck book review -- and will start another one when I hit the hay. ... drift ...

I just watched a History Channel show on technology on the Old West. A teaser before the last commercial set promised to tell me something I probably didn't know about rhe Battle of the Little Bighorn. "Pshaw," thought ol' ER, him havin' read no fewer than 30 books and scholarly journal articles on Custer's demise about a year ago. They got me: The Sioux had repeating Winchester rifles. The Seventh Cavalry had single-shot rifles. Somehow I missed that in my readin'. On the other hand, most of my studyin' had to do with the politics surrounding the Northern Plains wars, not the hardware involved. ... drift ...

A coupla friends have noticed that I'm not bloggin' as much these days -- although this makes five posts in seven days, dang it! -- and it's because the busier I am the busier I want to be, and since earning the title "master," I've not been very busy at all, and I just ... drift ...

--ER

Comments:
I've seen some of those technology of the Old West shows. Pretty interesting stuff.

But so is M*A*S*H in my book. :-)
 
I just pulled up OK weather -- 28 degrees! That's enough to depress anybody. Sounds like you need a road trip to me. San Antonio will be in the 70s Monday and Tuesday. You need to take a couple vacation days and head south!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?