Friday, January 28, 2005

 

Guest Brush -- Bubba Hisself!

This here is an account of a Brush with true Greatness from an e-friend colleague and friend from North Carolina, now livin' in Washington, D.C.:

When Clinton was Prez, he went out A LOT. The office I worked in was about 2 blocks from the WH (that'd be the White House -- ER).

I used to work pretty late into the evening, so sometimes, I would get caught up in all the hoopla of the motorcades. How the cops would whup-whup-whup the sirens (she means Sigh-Reens -- ER) and jump out and close off an intersection -- along with their motorcycle-bound buddies.

Then you'd see the motorcade go by. Some of them were phantom ones, I know.

One night, one went by and the light was on inside the one that was done up with the flags to look like the Presidential one. But I really don't think it was actually Clinton. Something just was not right about the posture or the "look" -- even though it was close enough.

Then, I went out for lunch one day -- a rarity. I recall it was wintertime and that I was wearing my slimming blue wool coat. Something had just been going on either at Andrews (Air Force Base) or on (Capitol) Hill that the president was returning from (I hope I noted this somewhere in my journal) -- and the motorcade was a comin' back to the WH.

So, daylight, no interior light on the Presidential car. I am standing there right at the curb on this little traffic island on New York Avenue, a dismounted motorcycle cop nearby and saluting, and the car goes by.

I think to myself: "Oh, what the heck, smile and wave in that general direction." So, I did. I could only see shadow inside the car -- but a hand went up and waved.

I cannot describe it, but I knewknewknew it was Bill Clinton because of having seen so many pictures and watched him on TV -- the motion and the shape of the hand and all, it was HIM, even though I couldn't make out his face or anything.

The ER houshold misses Bubba. This here was a fine story.

END


Comments:
Are you trying to make me believe "Bubba" is a girl??
 
Oh, wait... I get it now. Bubba's the one we elected!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?